Physicians Mutual is hiring for a full-time Senior Data Engineer to design, develop, test and maintain the scripts and jobs that are required to extract, transform, clean and move data and meta data so that it can be loaded into a data warehouse, data mart, or operational data store. In this role, you would mentor less experienced designers and serve as a project technical lead for mid-sized data projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a related field
- Six+ years IT experience (post-Baccalaureate), to include at least five years' progressive experience in data warehousing, relational database management systems, and multi-dimensional database management systems
- Knowledge of DataStage (or comparable ETL tool) highly desired
- Demonstrated knowledge of data warehouse design and data warehousing data population techniques for target structures such as Star Schemas, Snowflake Schemas, and highly normalized data models
- Strong relational database knowledge, including a broad understanding of the current and prospective data architecture and database performance tuning
- Demonstrated knowledge of UNIX scripting, JAVA, COBOL or Python
- Strong ETL staging environment skills
- Strong SQL programming skills in a DB2 environment
- In the alternative, a Master's degree plus three years of experience is accepted provided that the candidate has all the required skills.
Since our start in 1902, Physicians Mutual Insurance Company has held to our founder's promise to provide protection to families when they need it most. In 1970, Physicians Life Insurance Company was founded and became a member of the Physicians Mutual family.
Today, we offer health, life and retirement products to millions of people from all walks of life. We've been here for them. Listening. Answering questions. Empowering them with the specialized guidance they need to make confident decisions about their insurance.
Over the years, our dedication to delivering on our promise has helped make us one of the nation's leading health and life insurance providers. In fact, we are rated in the top 1% of insurance companies. We consistently maintain some of the highest financial strength ratings in the nation from independent insurance analysts, including A.M. Best Company and Weiss Ratings, ensuring we'll be there for our policyowners and our employees far into the future.