Physicians Mutual is seeking an experienced Marketing Data Scientist to produce Data Science solutions in support of senior management's strategic goals. In this role, you would use analysis and scientific methods to predict the behavior and attitudes of customers and prospects in order to increase profitable acquisition, retention and cross-selling. A primary focus of this role involves proposing, developing and implementing predictive models. The department is moving from a SAS-oriented focus to a Python focus in a Hadoop environment.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Developing end-to-end Data Science solutions to support marketing objectives and senior managements goals. This includes collaborating with the business to understand and define the problem statement, extracting and cleaning data from multiple sources, data wrangling, model testing and validation, and deployment.
- Analyzing general economic trends
- Participating on teams throughout the company that require advanced analysis
- Master's Degree in analytical-focused disciplines such as mathematics, statistics, operations research, or business administration strongly desired
- Bachelor's degree in aforementioned discipline(s) and/or equivalent experience required
- Experience working in a Hadoop environment required
- Experience with Python or Spark required
- Experience training and testing prediction models required
- Proven ability to write SQL queries
- Experience in direct marketing or database marketing strongly desired
- Prior project management experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to interact with senior management, marketing personnel, technical personnel, actuaries and representatives from other business units and outside suppliers.
- Ability to effectively provide leadership to marketing and technical teams.