Physicians Mutual is hiring for a full time Internal Auditor in our Internal Audit Department. The selected candidate will document processes and assess for effective control design. Test operating effectiveness of controls. Perform substantive testing, when required. Provide clear, effective and timely communication of audit results to audit clients. Perform remediation testing. Provide control consultation to audit clients.
- A Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or computer science, and a minimum of two years of experience in public accounting, internal auditing or an insurance-related position.
- The designation of CIA (Certified Internal Auditor), CPA (Certified Public Accountant), or successful completion of examination components leading to professional designation is preferred.
- Experience in the use of word processing and spreadsheet software is required.
- Familiarity with audit software, insurance administrative systems and risk management software desired.
- Solid knowledge of audit concepts and techniques, audit standards and code of ethics, accounting and taxation principles.
- Ability to apply effective analytical and problem solving skills and exercise professional judgment, to express opinions on adequacy of control systems and operations, and to formulate recommendations for improvements in controls.
- Ability to work in a team environment, and establish and maintain effective, cooperative working relationships with superiors, peers and subordinates, internal and external auditees, and external auditors.
- The initiative and ability to work independently on multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines and prioritize tasks accordingly.
Physicians Mutual Insurance Company and Physicians Life Insurance Company are members of the Physicians Mutual family. Physicians Mutual Insurance Company offers reliable Medicare Supplement, dental and supplemental health insurance. Physicians Life Insurance Company provides important life insurance coverage and annuities. In 2012, they entered the funeral pre-planning market to help meet the growing needs of funeral home owners and the families they serve. The companies have more than $3.8 billion in assets and consistently maintain some of the highest financial strength ratings in the nation from independent insurance analysts, including A.M. Best Company and Weiss Ratings.
Founded in 1902, Physicians Mutual is headquartered in Omaha, Neb. To learn more about the company, please visit www.PhysiciansMutual.com.