Physicians Mutual is hiring for a full time Sr Software Specialist/Software Specialist in our Enterprise Technology Group. The selected candidate will provide second level support for all application and mainframe (MF) FOCUS reported issues. Acts as an in-house workstation and software consultant and installs and upgrades approved software. Provides assistance to the user and troubleshoots hardware/software problems resolving in a timely manner. Performs network restores for deleted or corrupt files. Ability to work directly or remotely with end user to troubleshoot issues. Develops and updates documentation for applications and processes that end users utilize. Under general supervision may participate on Corporate approved projects. Promotes total contact ownership by keeping the end user informed during the entire problem/resolution process.
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, computer science related discipline or equivalent experience is required.
- Approximately 2-3 years of software/hardware application experience is required.
- Strong knowledge of Windows, and other operating systems to manage software applications and network usage.
- Ability to learn diverse applications that are supported on the LAN and local workstations.
- Strong ability to understand company software and hardware applications to provide consultation, support and training.
- Strong verbal communication skills to provide user support and training.
- Ability to present technical information in logical and easily understood manner.
- Excellent documentation skills to create and update procedures, training materials and recommendations.
- Ability to analyze network and local application program related problems, seek alternative solutions, and recommend action.
- Ability to recognize and understand underlying issues.
- Ability to work under established deadlines, some of which may require working in addition to standard work schedule to complete.
- Ability to rapidly adapt, gain technical competency and change directions as industry and company developments occur.
- Strong attention to detail required.
- Ability to be flexible and work in a team environment.
Since our start in 1902, Physicians Mutual Insurance Company has held to our founder's promise to provide protection to families when they need it most. In 1970, Physicians Life Insurance Company was founded and became a member of the Physicians Mutual family.
Today, we offer health, life and retirement products to millions of people from all walks of life. We've been here for them. Listening. Answering questions. Empowering them with the specialized guidance they need to make confident decisions about their insurance.
Over the years, our dedication to delivering on our promise has helped make us one of the nation's leading health and life insurance providers. In fact, we are rated in the top 1% of insurance companies. We consistently maintain some of the highest financial strength ratings in the nation from independent insurance analysts, including A.M. Best Company and Weiss Ratings, ensuring we'll be there for our policyowners and our employees far into the future.