Physicians Mutual is hiring for a full time Quality Control Specialist in our Document Processing and Imaging Center. The selected candidate will verify count tallies and general quality of production in our Document Processing and Imaging Center. Completes job initiating paperwork for all Document Processing jobs. Verifies Transmittal Sheets and Package Registers to ensure proper quantity and quality of production. Verifies forms and beginning and ending totals at subsequent processing stations; verifies correctness of content of multi-item mail out packages by comparing to control documents. Documents work progress; carts production to necessary plant location for further processing. Uses PC and Network Software (Excel, MS Word, and Visual) for reporting. Performs other special projects and miscellaneous functions as assigned.
- High school education or its equivalent is required.
- Previous Production/Quality Control experience is helpful.
- Ability to operate or learn to operate PC and Network software including Excel, MS Word, and Visual.
- Must possess the necessary skills required to operate in a detail-oriented environment.
- Ability to work under pressure of mail dates and the understanding that Quality Control is the last opportunity to catch any faulty production errors.
- Strong math aptitude for production balancing and ability to read and comprehend control documents.
- Ability to work in a team environment and foster cooperative efforts while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Ability to grasp the inter-relatedness of production problems.
- Ability to perform or coordinate performance of several routine tasks simultaneously depending upon fluctuating workloads.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload based on deadlines and production needs.
Since our start in 1902, Physicians Mutual Insurance Company has held to our founder's promise to provide protection to families when they need it most. In 1970, Physicians Life Insurance Company was founded and became a member of the Physicians Mutual family.
Today, we offer health, life and retirement products to millions of people from all walks of life. We've been here for them. Listening. Answering questions. Empowering them with the specialized guidance they need to make confident decisions about their insurance.
Over the years, our dedication to delivering on our promise has helped make us one of the nation's leading health and life insurance providers. In fact, we are rated in the top 1% of insurance companies. We consistently maintain some of the highest financial strength ratings in the nation from independent insurance analysts, including A.M. Best Company and Weiss Ratings, ensuring we'll be there for our policyowners and our employees far into the future.