Physicians Mutual is hiring for a full-time Software Engineer - Distributed Systems in our Enterprise Technology Group. The selected candidate will design, develop, and maintain Java and web applications in accordance with adopted standards for integration into larger subsystems.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3 years of experience in coding, testing, debugging and supporting Java and web applications.
- Experience in building web applications using Angular Framework.
- Knowledge of GIT Source Control, Windows, and Linux
- Experience with Java RESTful services.
- Familiarity with open-source Java frameworks, especially Spring.
- Experience with Eclipse, Maven/Gradle & JUnit.
- Experience with JPA/Hibernate.
- Experience with software design, implementation, and deployment.
- Knowledge of SQL and familiarity with any one of the databases such as MySql, DB2, Oracle, MSSQL, etc.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum software development methodologies.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills to resolve complex software issues and create new software.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with management and team members.
Since our start in 1902, Physicians Mutual Insurance Company has held to our founder's promise to provide protection to families when they need it most. In 1970, Physicians Life Insurance Company was founded and became a member of the Physicians Mutual family.
Today, we offer health, life and retirement products to millions of people from all walks of life. We've been here for them. Listening. Answering questions. Empowering them with the specialized guidance they need to make confident decisions about their insurance.
Over the years, our dedication to delivering on our promise has helped make us one of the nation's leading health and life insurance providers. In fact, we are rated in the top 1% of insurance companies. We consistently maintain some of the highest financial strength ratings in the nation from independent insurance analysts, including A.M. Best Company and Weiss Ratings, ensuring we'll be there for our policyowners and our employees far into the future.