Physicians Mutual is hiring for a full time Claim Examiner in our claims area. The selected candidate will be analyzing health claim forms, medical records and provider bills to decide whether to pay claims, deny benefits or request additional information. Customer service skills will also be required, to include frequent phone contact with our customers, dictation, and free-form written communication.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of college is preferred.
- Prefer a minimum of 1-2 years of previous health insurance or related experience.
- Strong written communication skills are a must.
- Ability to handle complex claim situations.
- Knowledge of medical conditions and the relationship between etiology, symptoms, complications and related health care procedures.
- Detailed knowledge of company policies which may include Hospital Indemnity policies, Medicare Supplement, Life policies, and associated benefit riders.
- Thorough understanding of policy provisions, amendment rider limitations, claim procedures, and state insurance regulations.
- Ability to operate a PC and all applicable programs and applications.
- Must possess problem solving, decision-making, and organizational skills.
- Ability to function effectively in a production environment with high quality work.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new insurance coverages, procedures and guidelines.
- Basic math needed to calculate benefits and interest.
Physicians Mutual Insurance Company and Physicians Life Insurance Company are members of the Physicians Mutual family. Physicians Mutual Insurance Company offers reliable Medicare Supplement, dental and supplemental health insurance. Physicians Life Insurance Company provides important life insurance coverage and annuities. In 2012, they entered the funeral pre-planning market to help meet the growing needs of funeral home owners and the families they serve. The companies have more than $3.8 billion in assets and consistently maintain some of the highest financial strength ratings in the nation from independent insurance analysts, including A.M. Best Company and Weiss Ratings.
Founded in 1902, Physicians Mutual is headquartered in Omaha, Neb. To learn more about the company, please visit www.PhysiciansMutual.com.