Physicians Mutual is hiring for a full time Digital Marketing Strategist for our Demand Generation team. We market and sell Life, Dental and Supplemental Health insurance directly to consumers through a multi-channel approach, using both online and offline media. We are growing, and need help turning direct marketing dollars into new customers.
When it comes to direct marketing in the digital world, do you have an innate curiosity that compels you to dig into:
- Why some ad campaigns are successful, but others are not?
- What landing page creative wins and why?
- Why some online offers respond better than others?
If you have that curiosity, along with great communication, campaign management and creative development skills, we may have the perfect job for you!
As a Digital Marketing Strategist, you'll report to the Assistant Vice President of Integrated Marketing. You'll be responsible for developing and executing the online media strategy, while managing relationships, campaigns, creative, expenses and profitability. You'll work closely with the Demand Generation team, as well as several internal departments, outside media buyers and creative agencies to launch and grow our paid ad programs.
- Requires a four-year college degree in marketing, user interface web design, communications or related field.
- Minimum of 5 -7 years of online marketing and/or eCommerce experience is required.
- Proven working experience in digital marketing.
- Insurance experience preferred.
- Demonstrate experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns.
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform, motivate and convert.
- Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels.
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments.
- Working knowledge of ad serving tools.
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google, Microsoft and Facebook campaigns.
- Ability to plan, organize and lead resources in a team environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with external and internal personnel.
- Strong knowledge of digital direct marketing as part of an integrated, multi-channel strategy.
- Excellent organization, prioritization, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong math and basic financial knowledge.
- Effective time management skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of query and analytic tools as well as Microsoft Office software.
- Solid understanding of web page tags or pixel tracking.
- Solid understanding of paid search, behavioral marketing, affiliate programs, social media, email marketing and SEM/SEO.
- Hands-on experience with web reporting tools, such as Google Analytics, Webtrends, Google AdWords, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills and proven vendor management ability.
- Strong leadership skills to motivate and provide strategic direction to support teams.
- Strong knowledge of insurance products and customer demographics, market research and testing philosophies.
Since our start in 1902, Physicians Mutual Insurance Company has held to our founder's promise to provide protection to families when they need it most. In 1970, Physicians Life Insurance Company was founded and became a member of the Physicians Mutual family.
Today, we offer health, life and retirement products to millions of people from all walks of life. We've been here for them. Listening. Answering questions. Empowering them with the specialized guidance they need to make confident decisions about their insurance.
Over the years, our dedication to delivering on our promise has helped make us one of the nation's leading health and life insurance providers. In fact, we are rated in the top 1% of insurance companies. We consistently maintain some of the highest financial strength ratings in the nation from independent insurance analysts, including A.M. Best Company and Weiss Ratings, ensuring we'll be there for our policyowners and our employees far into the future.