Physicians Mutual is hiring a Cost/Budget Analyst in our Direct Marketing Group to develop, analyze, load and coordinate promotion costs, as well as develop costs for budgets and projections. In this role, you would coordinate the use of cost allocation assumptions with DMG personnel and identify changes in financial information affecting budget and marketing strategies. You would also load costs to reporting systems, reconcile reporting, and prepare staff/budget reports and monthly journal entries for the general ledger.
Key responsibilities include:
- Being accountable for adherence to accounting rules and for cost management and analysis
- Evaluating existing Access, Hyperion, SQL, Tableau and Excel reports, identifying changes needed and updating with current information
- Producing the roll-up of all DMG report information for distribution to the Executive Committee
- Evaluating all costs and determining appropriate accounting rules to be applied
- Developing and assisting DMG personnel in report development designed to evaluate cost information
- Responding to user requests to resolve errors and locate problems with cost reports
- Providing trending, reports and analysis for costs and budgets
- Developing chargeback methodology that accomplishes corporate chargeback goals with approval from Management
- Bachelors degree in marketing, statistics or related field is required
- Approximately 3-5 years previous experience, preferably in an area related to direct marketing is required to prepare for this position
- Strong ability to work with and manage accurate and detailed records
- Knowledge of cost accounting principles and general accounting
- Strong math ability to project material requirements for every mail date throughout the year
- Strong time management skills, decision-making and problem-solving abilities necessary to perform multiple tasks with competing deadlines
- Familiarity with mainframe and personal computer operations and applications
- Thorough and complete knowledge of Access, Hyperion, Tableau, SQL and Excel and their capabilities and limitations
- Knowledge of marketing systems (response, budget, tracking, inventory, etc.)
- Ability to understand the design and purpose of numerous marketing reports
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate various projects simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Knowledge and understanding of direct marketing methods (testing and list selection, house files, etc.)
- Ability to establish/maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with internal/external contacts
Since our start in 1902, Physicians Mutual Insurance Company has held to our founder's promise to provide protection to families when they need it most. In 1970, Physicians Life Insurance Company was founded and became a member of the Physicians Mutual family.
Today, we offer health, life and retirement products to millions of people from all walks of life. We've been here for them. Listening. Answering questions. Empowering them with the specialized guidance they need to make confident decisions about their insurance.
Over the years, our dedication to delivering on our promise has helped make us one of the nation's leading health and life insurance providers. In fact, we are rated in the top 1% of insurance companies. We consistently maintain some of the highest financial strength ratings in the nation from independent insurance analysts, including A.M. Best Company and Weiss Ratings, ensuring we'll be there for our policyowners and our employees far into the future.
Physicians Mutual is headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska.