Physicians Mutual is seeking an experienced Direct Marketing Data Analyst to analyze complex customer, policy, prospect and marketing data. The ideal candidate will possess expert knowledge with Aprimo or a similar campaign management tool, Abilitec or a similar data integration tool, as well as query tools (Hyperion, SQL coding, Tableau, MS Access, Excel and others). In this role, you will initiate and create data/software solutions and work with the Enterprise Technology Group and vendors to direct and implement solutions.
Key tasks and knowledge include:
- Ensuring the accuracy of multiple databases and data marts where the $80-90 million yearly budgeted marketing promotions are initiated
- Training and consulting with marketing personnel regarding data usage and analysis
- Managing data vendor relationships
- Representing the department at meetings as a project manager, subject matter expert, functional representative, or team member
- Knowledge of and ability to use Agile/Scrum methodology
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in Management Information Systems, Business, Marketing, Systems Analysis, Computer Science, Engineering or Finance required
- 4-5 years of experience working with database design techniques and database querying tools required
- Previous project management experience and evaluation of business processes required
- A strong understanding of marketing and insurance required
- Excellent interpersonal skills required
- Expert knowledge of data warehousing and data access needed to efficiently troubleshoot problems. Must understand both the technical aspect and the user requirements in an effort to deliver the best solution.
- Experience with Database Query tools and data integration tools are required. (i.e.: Abilitec, Hyperion, SQL coding, Tableau, MS Access, Excel etc.) Strong knowledge of the GUI front end as well as the base programming language to fully understand how the system works and the capabilities of the system
- Self-motivated and able to work under minimal supervision while exercising independent & thorough decision making skills.
- Leadership ability and interpersonal skills needed to gather input and initiate recommendations.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and follow-through on projects to meet established standards and deadlines.
- Ability to resolve daily issues and problems with an objective, solutions-oriented, creative approach.
- Strong skills are required in mathematical competency, understanding of spreadsheets, budget process, statistical modeling and ability to analyze and troubleshoot technical issues and breakdowns.
- Strong project management skills and an ability to collaborate with individuals or groups to define discuss and resolve problems in an effort to attain objectives.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with personnel from vendors, ETG, Market Segmentation, Actuarial and Marketing.
- Strong attention to detail and strong problem solving skills are required. Flexible and proactive.
- Must have general knowledge of insurance practices and financial reporting in order to recommend logical initiatives.
- Strong application of time management & organizational techniques enabling work on several projects simultaneously.
- Well-developed verbal/written communication skills & ability to present information in a logical format for others.
- Experience with AGILE methodology and tools (Rally) are desirable.
Physicians Mutual Insurance Company and Physicians Life Insurance Company are members of the Physicians Mutual family. Physicians Mutual Insurance Company offers reliable Medicare Supplement, dental and supplemental health insurance. Physicians Life Insurance Company provides important life insurance coverage and annuities. In 2012, they entered the funeral pre-planning market to help meet the growing needs of funeral home owners and the families they serve. The companies have more than $3.8 billion in assets and consistently maintain some of the highest financial strength ratings in the nation from independent insurance analysts, including A.M. Best Company and Weiss Ratings.
Founded in 1902, Physicians Mutual is headquartered in Omaha, Neb. To learn more about the company, please visit www.PhysiciansMutual.com.