Data Mining Statistical Analyst
Physicians Mutual Omaha, NE
Physicians Mutual is seeking an experienced Data Mining Statistical Analyst to consult on data mining activities in support of senior management's strategic goals. In this role, you would use statistical analysis and scientific methods to comprehend the behavior and attitudes of customers and prospects in order to increase profitable acquisition, retention and cross-selling. A primary focus of this role involves proposing, developing and implementing predictive models.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Designing, directing and presenting statistical research projects
- Conducting studies of present and potential markets for product lines or market segments
- Analyzing general economic trends
- Participating on teams throughout the company that require advanced analysis
- Working with outside data and software vendors
- Master's Degree in analytical-focused disciplines such as mathematics, statistics, operations research, or business administration strongly desired
- Bachelor's degree in afore mentioned discipline(s) and/or equivalent experience required
- Approximately 4-6 years' experience in direct marketing or database marketing strongly desired
- An understanding of applied statistical and financial techniques in the area of analytical modeling and statistical significance testing is required
- PC knowledge including SAS and Microsoft Office required
- Experience working in a Hadoop environment required
- Experience with Python or Spark required
- Prior project management experience preferred
- Thorough understanding of current and emerging trends in areas of statistics, data mining, data management, customer relationship management and financial reporting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to interact with senior management, marketing personnel, technical personnel, actuaries and representatives from other business units and outside suppliers.
- Ability to effectively provide leadership to marketing and technical teams.
Physicians Mutual Insurance Company and Physicians Life Insurance Company are members of the Physicians Mutual family. Physicians Mutual Insurance Company offers reliable Medicare Supplement, dental and supplemental health insurance. Physicians Life Insurance Company provides important life insurance coverage and annuities. In 2012, they entered the funeral pre-planning market to help meet the growing needs of funeral home owners and the families they serve. The companies have more than $3.8 billion in assets and consistently maintain some of the highest financial strength ratings in the nation from independent insurance analysts, including A.M. Best Company and Weiss Ratings.
Founded in 1902, Physicians Mutual is headquartered in Omaha, Neb. To learn more about the company, please visit www.PhysiciansMutual.com.
| Date Posted
November 30, 2018
| Date Closes
January 29, 2019
| Located In
| SOC Category