Physicians Mutual Omaha, NE
Physicians Mutual is seeking an experienced Software Engineer - Distributed Systems to design, develop, test and maintain web and/or mobile applications in accordance with standards for integration into larger subsystems. You would also write program source code and implement components, services, and/or modules, as well as perform unit testing and resolve defects found while performing integration and regression tests.
- Developing system components and services
- Evaluating technical quality of source and program code
- Resolving problems with application programs
- Providing support for enhancements to existing applications
- Master's degree in Computer Science, MIS, engineering or related field plus 2 years' experience
- OR Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, engineering or related field plus 4 years' experience
- Ability to develop using REST APIs, Single Page Apps (Angular or React), CSS/HTML and the Java programming language
- Working knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL) and networking fundamentals
- Understanding of data formats including XML and JSON
- Experience with Java Enterprise Edition or Spring
- Previous Agile, Scrum or SAFe experience
- Insurance or financial service industry knowledge
- Experience in Object-Oriented development and design
- Java experience with knowledge / expertise in the following: UML, XML, HTML, Java, JEE, JSP, JSF, EJB, Java Servlets, MVC and JPA frameworks (Hibernate)
- Experience with software design techniques, including object-oriented analysis and design techniques, design patterns, and the Unified Modeling Language
- Experience with development IDEs such as Eclipse, IntelliJ or RAD.
- Working experience of using GIT Source Code Repositories such as GitHub or GitLab
- Able to produce Use-Case Realization, Design Subsystem, Design Package, Design Class, Testability Class, and Analysis Class.
- Experience with build tool such as Gradle or Maven.
- Any experience with Spring boot or Spring Applications is preferred.
- Experience with DevOps such as Micro Services, Docker Containerization and Orchestration will be valued.
- Experience with JUnit for unit testing is preferred.
- Proficient in some or all of the following: Websphere Application Server, DB2 UDB, messaging systems such as Websphere MQ/Message Broker.
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) and Enterprise Architecture (EA)
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with external and internal personnel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be customer focused and excel in coordination of problem resolution
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and work with sense of urgency and accountability
- Flexibility to adapt to and work in a dynamic, changing and fast-paced environment.
Physicians Mutual Insurance Company and Physicians Life Insurance Company are members of the Physicians Mutual family. Physicians Mutual Insurance Company offers reliable Medicare Supplement, dental and supplemental health insurance. Physicians Life Insurance Company provides important life insurance coverage and annuities. In 2012, they entered the funeral pre-planning market to help meet the growing needs of funeral home owners and the families they serve. The companies have more than $3.8 billion in assets and consistently maintain some of the highest financial strength ratings in the nation from independent insurance analysts, including A.M. Best Company and Weiss Ratings.
Founded in 1902, Physicians Mutual is headquartered in Omaha, Neb. To learn more about the company, please visit www.PhysiciansMutual.com.
| Date Posted
November 3, 2018
| Date Closes
January 2, 2019
| Located In
| SOC Category