General Summary of Purpose:
As our PZ Production Supervisor, you will be responsible for supervising production employees in all aspects of the personalized order fulfillment process. Responsible for implementing, monitoring and maintaining safety, productivity and quality standards, and building a culture that promotes employee engagement.
- Manage overall daily work processes for personalization of product, and fulfillment of customer orders for personalized product. Maintain appropriate staffing levels and consistent work flow.
- Ensure comprehensive OSHA, safety and production training is provided and written training guides are current. Observe daily operations and ensure employees follow all safety guidelines.
- Directly supervise up to 50 employees. Interact with employees daily. Coach and recognize individual employees as appropriate based on individual strengths and needs.
- Closely monitor accuracy/error rates within assigned areas and follow up with additional training, coaching, or changes to work processes.
- Coach employees on XP standards and principles to maximize performance and meet required performance, accuracy, and on-standard percentages per XP policies and procedures. Provide daily feedback to employees on performance, complete daily XP timesheets timely, and complete weekly coaching based on XP requirements.
- Analyze production reports to identify areas of success and opportunity. Ensure staffing levels are appropriate to meet work requirements. Work with PZ Production Manager to plan for future needs in equipment, processes, budget, staff, etc.
- Investigate and complete accident/incident reports. Follow up with injured employees on light duty status to ensure compliance with physician restrictions.
- Complete administrative duties timely, including attendance and performance tracking, daily XP timesheets, documentation of employee relations issues, recommendation of disciplinary action, staff scheduling and rotation of job duties.
- Counsel employees when company policy, performance or safety issues arise and ensure needed changes are made. Document employee discussions and consult with HR on appropriate process and documentation for corrective action, including terminations.
- Complete annual performance evaluations timely on all direct reports and recommend merit recognition.
- Promotes an environment that encourages employee engagement. Actively works with employees to develop and carry out impact planning based on employee engagement survey results.
- Communicate promptly and effectively with support areas, including Inventory, other FC areas, IT, HR, etc. to ensure appropriate support and coordination of work.
- Abide by all policies and procedures of Oriental Trading Company.
- Works with and safeguards confidential information on a daily basis.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
Here's what you need to join the fun:
- Associates degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Minimum of 6 months production experience preferred
- Minimum of two years supervisory experience in a multi-flow production environment preferred
- OTC product knowledge and familiarity with order fulfillment processes preferred
- General computer experience required (MS Office & AS400 applications preferred)
- Ability to communicate and understand English in written and verbal form
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to stand and walk for the duration of the shift
- Ability to climb stairs
- Ability to lift up to 35-50 pounds
- Ability to work in elevated work areas up to 28 feet high
- Able to be CPR and first aid certified
To apply in less than ten minutes click the “Apply” button or view a complete list of our current openings at http://www.myotccareer.com
To apply in less than ten minutes, log in to Ultipro.
- Click on the “Myself” tab
- Click on the “My Company” tab
- Click on “View Opportunities” from this section
ATTENTION: If you are creating a new profile, you must Save the profile information and then login with your new user when prompted to complete the application process.
All work and no play just isn’t our style. Join us today!
Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company (http://www.orientaltrading.com) is the nation’s leading direct marketer of value-priced novelties, toys and party supplies and welcomes talented, motivated people who want to build a meaningful career and Make The World More Fun!
Oriental Trading Company is the nation's largest direct retailer of value-priced party supplies, arts and crafts, school supplies, toys and novelties. Recognized as one of the Top 20 Internet Retailers based on customer satisfaction, Oriental Trading offers over 40,000 products to consumers, educators, businesses and non-profit organizations.
Oriental Trading employs approximately 1,600 employees and makes the world more fun with items ranging from pink flamingos and wedding favors to holiday decorations, educational games and crafts. In 2013, Oriental Trading acquired MindWare, an award-winning creator and manufacturer of educational toys and in 2014, acquired SmileMakers, the leader in patient giveaways and practice promotion products. Oriental Trading is a Berkshire Hathaway company.
Oriental Trading Company, Inc.