Be a part of the GROWING workforce at Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company!
Recognized as a Top 50 Internet and a Top 50 Catalog Retailer, we promote fun in how we take care of our employees, empower our employees to take care of our customers, and trust our customers to take care of spreading the word. Everything else simply takes care of itself.
As our Site Merchandiser, you will be responsible for the presentation and success of the company’s web sites, including, but not limited to, product presentation, onsite merchandising and administration of the web site. In addition, this position mentors other team members across the organization on leveraging information acquired via analytical metrics to assist in optimizing the business. This position is located in Omaha, NE.
- Partner with the Divisional Merchandise Managers (DMM) to optimize their assigned category landing pages to grow sales per visitor and maximize margin & inventory
- Collaborate with Creative, Merchandising & SEO partners to insure all current and new products are live on the web site with accurate product information, images, & attribution
- Collaborate with Marketing team for alignment and exposure of digital campaign assets, messaging and accurate landing pages
- Manage categorization and attribution of all products to insure maximum relevant exposure through search and browse with maintaining SKU data governance
- Manage, maintain, & optimize the web site taxonomy for their assigned areas
- Recommend changes to the online category real estate based on customer and competitor insights
- Examine real estate strategies of key competitors and best-in-class online retailers to understand emerging online trends and web developments
- Provide input to the DMM’s on category’s online assortment plan and strategy
- Functions as the subject matter expert for the web areas managed. Fields questions and provides guidance across the organization for business optimization
- Manages special projects assigned by the Director of Site Merchandising
- Abides by all policies and procedures of Oriental Trading Company
- Maintains regular, predictable attendance
- Must be able to attend face to face meetings on short or little advance notice
- Work in the E-Commerce Department office environment requires in-person collaboration among colleagues and contractors
Here’s what you need to join the fun:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum three years of experience in product content delivery, site management and workflow in an online retail environment
- Online Merchandising background is a plus
To apply in less than ten minutes click the “Apply” button or view a complete list of our current openings at http://www.myotccareer.com
So grab this opportunity and transform the “daily grind” into a thriving career, where fun is all in a day’s work!
Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company (http://www.orientaltrading.com), the nation’s leading direct marketer of value-priced novelties, toys and party supplies welcomes talented, motivated people who want to build a meaningful career and Make The World More Fun!
Oriental Trading Company, Inc.