Be a part of the GROWING workforce at Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company!
Recognized as a Top 50 Internet and a Top 50 Catalog Retailer, we promote fun in how we take care of our employees, empower our employees to take care of our customers, and trust our customers to take care of spreading the word. Everything else simply takes care of itself.
As our Housekeeper II, you are responsible for assisting the Housekeeping Supervisor in providing direction to the housekeeping personnel and to maintain the general cleanliness of the facility through thorough cleaning practices, in compliance with OSHA guidelines and company and industry standards.
- May lead housekeeping staff by assigning work areas to individuals and monitoring their performance. Completes own housekeeping responsibilities, then assists in the completion of overall housekeeping crew assignments when and as required.
- Maintains the clean and attractive appearance of the office, warehouse and common areas of OTC to include vacuuming carpets, mopping hard surface floor areas, cleaning windows, doors and other surface areas, emptying trash containers, ceiling and vent cleaning, restroom upkeep, sweeping of warehouse floors, scrubbing with heavy duty equipment, cleaning of water coolers, dusting handrails, and removing cobwebs.
- Maintains all equipment to ensure they are daily cleaned and stored properly and in good working condition. Performs minor repairs as necessary and coordinates all other repairs with the Housekeeping Supervisor or Team Leader.
- Maintains staff quality control by performing informal spot checks of the facility on a daily basis. Assess the timely and effective completion of cleaning requirements from input of the Housekeeping Supervisor.
- Ensures supply closets are kept well stocked and remain clean and in good order at all times.
- Keeps the Housekeeping Supervisor informed on any personnel problems relating to training and overall job performance.
- Maintains compliance with OSHA guidelines to ensure a safe and healthy work environment through the proper completion of housekeeping duties, and in the use and storage of chemicals and related cleaning implements and supplies.
- Provides efficient and courteous service, and ensures confidential customer information is protected at all times.
- Maintains ongoing communication with Housekeeping Supervisor and building maintenance personnel regarding facility, equipment, or fixture deficiencies, such as defective lights, plumbing, and potential hazards to safety.
- Immediately reports any personal injury or property damage.
- Acts as a troubleshooter during emergency situations. Assists other departments as required. Maintains current knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Abides by all policies and procedures of Oriental Trading Company.
- Maintains regular, predictable attendance.
- Must be able to attend face to face meetings on short or little advance notice.
- Work requires in-person collaboration among colleagues and contractors.
Here's what you need to join the fun:
- You must be at least 18 years old
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year of housekeeping experience preferred.
- Knowledge of and ability to correctly utilize cleaning equipment, chemicals, and supplies.
- Knowledge of cleaning and safety procedures and OSHA requirements required.
- Requires effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to adapt to changing environments.
- Ability to be OTC housekeeping certified.
- A valid driver’s license and driving record in accordance with OTC standards is required for operation of company vehicles.
- The ability to communicate and understand English in written and verbal form.
- The ability to walk, stand, push, squat, bend and climb stairs for the duration of the shift.
- The ability to frequently lift and carry 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds, in order to handle trash and supplies.
Apply in less than ten minutes at http://www.myotccareer.com
All work and no play just isn’t our style. Join us today!
Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company (http://www.orientaltrading.com) is the nation’s leading direct marketer of value-priced novelties, toys and party supplies and welcomes talented, motivated people who want to build a meaningful career and Make The World More Fun!
Oriental Trading Company, Inc.