Sr. Network Engineer
Are you ready for a career where fun means business? Join us at Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company!
General Summary of Purpose:
As our Sr. Network Engineer, you will be responsible for the successful operation of the enterprise-wide network including all areas of network availability, connectivity, infrastructure configuration, troubleshooting, security, resource monitoring, and capacity planning. Responsible for testing and implementation of new technology solutions needed within the networking environment to support enterprise growth and the corporate business plan.
This position is 100% remote but requires the candidate to reside in NE, MN, or SC.
- Troubleshooting of all LAN/WAN issues and infrastructure including, but not limited to:
- Core and edge L2 & L3 switches (Brocade & Cisco)
- Wireless Controllers and access points (Cisco)
- Firewalls (Cisco & Palo Alto)
- Cabling (copper and fiber)
- Routers (Brocade & Cisco)
- Core and edge switches (Brocade & Cisco)
- General networking
- Route tables
- ARP Cache
- Spanning Tree
- TACACS / RADIUS (Cisco ISE)
- Network Load Balancing (f5)
- IPSec Tunnels
- Palo Alto Global Protect VPN
- Spyware/Malware attacks
- Internal/external user attacks
- Network Management Tools
- SolarWinds Orion NPM, NCM, NTA
- Cisco Prime
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Prepares and peer checks layouts, configurations, and deployment plans as standard activity of change management and project assignments
- Monitors and tunes the enterprise network for optimal performance
- Maintains and identifies gaps in WAN/LAN security
- Manages WAN performance and provides bandwidth trending analysis and recommendations
- Familar with PCI compliancy
- Assists in keeping documentation of entire OTC environment current, including but not limited to:
- Network diagrams
- Configuration templates
- Network policies and procedures relating to security, change management and implementation of new infrastructure
- Provides training, as needed, to the Network Team, Systems Team, Desktop Support Team, Service Desk and the user community
- Recognizes and identifies potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed, especially regarding future business expansion or changes
- Works effectively with the Service Desk and Information Security improve network security
- Participates in scheduled on-call duties: Must be available 24 hours/day to receive calls from Operators/Users, investigate and solve issues
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance
- Abides by all policies and procedures of Oriental Trading Company
Here’s what you need to join the fun:
- A 4-year degree in a computer-related / engineering field or equivalent work experience
- Four to six years responsibility managing a network environment, is preferred
- Possess excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Able to document complex technical issues effectively summarizing issues for a range of technical and business management
- Is self-motivated, goal-oriented, a team player, and possesses proven leadership skills
- Possess excellent troubleshooting skills and ablility to work under pressure
- Possess expert knowledge of networking technology including but not limited to: TCP/IP protocols, OSI Model, SNMP protocol, MPLS, network interface cards, Ethernet switches, network cabling, routers, and remote access devices
- Possess expert knowledge of system performance profiling and tuning
- Poseses expert knowledge of firewall ACL, NAT creation and troubleshooting
- Possess expert knowledge in LAN and WAN environments
- Possess knowledge of Windows Server Operating System
- Posses knowledge of Windows XP, Windows 7
- Possess working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including Visio
- Possess expert knowledge of Microsoft Windows Networking
To apply in less than ten minutes click the “Apply” button or view a complete list of our current openings at http://www.myotccareer.com
ATTENTION: If you are creating a new profile, you must Save the profile information and then login with your new user when prompted to complete the application process.
All work and no play just isn’t our style. Join us today!
Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company (http://www.orientaltrading.com) is the nation’s leading direct marketer of value-priced novelties, toys and party supplies and welcomes talented, motivated people who want to build a meaningful career and Make The World More Fun!
Oriental Trading Company is the nation's largest direct retailer of value-priced party supplies, arts and crafts, school supplies, toys and novelties. Recognized as one of the Top 20 Internet Retailers based on customer satisfaction, Oriental Trading offers over 40,000 products to consumers, educators, businesses and non-profit organizations. Oriental Trading employs approximately 1,600 employees and makes the world more fun with items ranging from pink flamingos and wedding favors to holiday decorations, educational games and crafts.
Oriental Trading Company, Inc.