SmileMakers Accounts Receivable Clerk
Are you ready for a career where fun means business? Join us at SmileMakers, a Berkshire Hathaway Company!
As our SmileMakers Accounts Receivable Clerk, you will compile, classify, record, verify, and maintain data for accounts receivable records.
- Support and adhere to SmileMakers’ Vision and Values Statement
- Process multiple types of payments from customers making sure to accurately apply funds in a timely manner.
- Prepare daily cash/check deposits ensuring funds are reconciled to Serenade.
- Perform regular account maintenance on AR accounts to include issuing credits, processing refunds, and issuing approved bad debt adjustments.
- Assist the Collections Clerk with the collections process.
- Prepare and mail weekly letters to customers regarding duplicate payments.
- Assist CN Collections Clerk with daily review of held orders to assess collection needs and determine risk of releasing new orders.
- Assist in monthly and annual closings.
- General office filing.
- Abide by all policies and procedures of Smilemakers and Oriental Trading Company.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Must be able to attend face to face meetings on short or little advance notice.
- Work requires in-person collaboration among colleagues and contractors.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of ABS Accounting software; Serenade processing systems; Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet software and Microsoft Word Processing software
- Must be able to work with and safeguard confidential data on a daily basis
- Work within urgent deadlines on a frequent basis
- Function in an efficient manner with a high degree of independence
- Attention to detail and negotiation skills
- Proficient with a 10-key calculator
- Proficient at typing
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associates Degree in Accounting a plus
- 1-2 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
Other Qualifications and Physical Requirements
- Regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear
- Occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
To apply in less than ten minutes click the “Apply” button or view a complete list of our current openings at http://www.myotccareer.com
All work and no play just isn’t our style. Join us today!
SmileMakers, a Berkshire Hathaway Company (http://www.smilemakers.com), the nation’s premier provider of products used to inspire, motivate, reward and celebrate welcomes talented, motivated people who want to build a meaningful career and Believes in the Power of a Smile!
Oriental Trading Company, Inc.