Be a part of the GROWING workforce at Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company!
MindWare is a creator, manufacturer, and distributor of Brainy Toys for people of all ages. The diverse product line includes games, puzzles, brainteasers, arts and crafts activities, mysteries, mazes and more. MindWare’s goal is to place high quality toys that teach and entertain into the hands of children and adults. Over the years, MindWare games have won many prestigious awards, including Mensa Select, Parents’ Choice and the Spiel des Jahres in Germany. Founder Jeanne Voigt started MindWare in 1990 with a small retail store in the Uptown area of Minneapolis. From there, the company has evolved into the largest cataloger in its segment, mailing to consumers and educators throughout the United States. MindWare is also a web retailer and distributor, selling its MindWare line to 2,000 retailers in the US and to distributors in over 20 countries worldwide.
As our Art Director, you will be responsible for brainstorming ideas, conceptualizing projects, designing and/or illustrating product packaging and product content, designing catalog pages and covers, giving photo shoot direction, designing graphics for websites and e-mail campaigns, and creating marketing materials that are based on company objectives and are reflective of the MindWare brand. This includes toy and game packaging and contents, coloring book illustrations and covers, dot-to-dot puzzles, activity books, illustrated instructions for craft and science kits, direct-to-consumer catalogs, wholesale catalogs, special flyers and other collateral materials all from conception to final production files.
- Brainstorms and concepts innovative designs for a variety of projects, including children’s birthday cards and Valentines, packaging for toys and games, stickers, coloring and activity book covers, toy and game catalogs, graphics for email campaigns, social media, direct mail campaigns, magazine ads, logos, tradeshow signage, collateral materials, media kits, public relations projects, special projects and new initiatives across all pertinent channels. Ensures overall campaign maintains consistent elements including layout design, imagery, headline treatments, graphic elements and typefaces.
- Creates fun, original children’s illustrations for packaging design, game components, book covers, book interior artwork and spot art for marketing purposes.
- Ensures concepts and all design projects are in line with brand guidelines and company objectives.
- Partners with team of product developers, art directors, catalog merchants, sourcing and safety compliance agents to meet or exceed all goals and deadlines.
- Works closely with all related departments within the company to ensure the brand standards are met.
- Attends planning, strategy and product review meetings to create the most relevant customer solution.
- Ensures all files created are technically sound and ready for the next step.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance based on the needs of the department and the needs of the season.
- Abides by all policies and procedures of MindWare and Oriental Trading Company.
- Able to attend face-to-face meetings with coworkers on short or little advance notice.
- Ability to collaborate among colleagues and contractors.
Here’s what you need to join the fun:
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Advertising, related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires a minimum of two years experience in design; advertising agency, catalog and/or direct mail design.
- Requires a minimum of four years experience in illustration, exhibiting a variety of illustration styles and techniques
- Experience in print production preferred
- Ability to work with a high level of independence and creativity within the pressure of deadlines.
- Excellent organizational, communication and time management skills.
- Proficient in Macintosh environment using InDesign, PhotoShop, and Illustrator.
- A high level of artistic ability and design with good color perception and sensitivity to type design.
- Ability to multi task and adapt well to change and input from others.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Ability to work with a team of creative professionals.
- Knowledge of pre-press and print production
- Flexibility and willingness to work additional hours to maintain schedules
Apply in less than ten minutes at http://www.myotccareer.com
So grab this opportunity and transform the “daily grind” into a thriving career, where fun is all in a day’s work!
Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company (http://www.orientaltrading.com), the nation’s leading direct marketer of value-priced novelties, toys and party supplies welcomes talented, motivated people who want to build a meaningful career and Make The World More Fun!
Oriental Trading Company, Inc.