Security Officer I
Are you ready for a career where fun means business? Join us at Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company!
General Summary of Purpose:
As our Security Officer I, you will be responsible for maintaining a secure corporate environment by enforcing access control and safety/security related policies and procedures.
- Maintains secure surroundings by enforcing access control.
- Roves through company facilities to ensure a safe environment.
- Responds to emergency situations such as fires, accidents, injuries and disturbances in the workplace.
- Reports all abnormal situations to Security Shift Supervisor.
- Completes daily written reports of shift activities.
- Provides personalized customer service of the highest level while maintaining all customer information confidential.
- Abides by all policies and procedures of Oriental Trading Company.
- Maintains regular, predictable attendance.
- Must be able to attend face to face meetings on short or little advance notice.
- Work requires in-person collaboration among colleagues and contractors.
Here’s what you need to join the fun:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous security related experience preferred
- Requires good written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to communicate and understand English in either written form or verbally.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations and make decisions
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple responsibilities
- Possess good discretional ability
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be able to walk frequently, use elevators and climb open grate stairways
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Must be flexible to work a variety of shifts with short notice
- A valid driver’s license and driving record in accordance with OTC standards is required for operation of company vehicles.
To apply in less than ten minutes click the “Apply” button or view a complete list of our current openings at http://www.myotccareer.com
All work and no play just isn’t our style. Join us today!
Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company (http://www.orientaltrading.com) is the nation’s leading direct marketer of value-priced novelties, toys and party supplies and welcomes talented, motivated people who want to build a meaningful career and Make The World More Fun!
Oriental Trading Company is the nation's largest direct retailer of value-priced party supplies, arts and crafts, school supplies, toys and novelties. Recognized as one of the Top 20 Internet Retailers based on customer satisfaction, Oriental Trading offers over 40,000 products to consumers, educators, businesses and non-profit organizations. Oriental Trading employs approximately 1,600 employees and makes the world more fun with items ranging from pink flamingos and wedding favors to holiday decorations, educational games and crafts. In 2013, Oriental Trading acquired MindWare, an award-winning creator and manufacturer of educational toys and in 2014, acquired SmileMakers, the leader in patient giveaways and practice promotion products. Oriental Trading is a Berkshire Hathaway company.
Oriental Trading Company, Inc.