Are you ready for a career where fun means business? Join us at MindWare, a Berkshire Hathaway Company!
As our Merchant, you will develop and execute merchandising strategies that align with company direction for growth opportunity programs such as drop ship, online marketplaces, Amazon and new catalog endeavors. Secure, create and upload content and images for these programs as well as for mindware.com and MindWare catalogs. Manage the development of solution merchandise assortments that meet customer needs and financial objectives of the company across catalog, internet and other identified sales channels. Fosters cross-functional collaboration across product development, sourcing, quality assurance, inventory, marketing, e-commerce, and creative.
- Drive sales, margin and contribution growth across company channels and platforms by identifying product opportunities, concepting and sourcing product solutions and negotiating initial buy or supply terms with vendors.
- Oversee development of balanced assortment plans accounting for customer needs, market position/trends, historical performance and planned financial objectives and business goals.
- Manage product life cycles and establish pricing strategies to maximize sales, sell-through and profitability.
- Ensure cross-solution interaction to mitigate product duplication, improve product performance and productivity.
- Develop merchandising plans by solution, category and product across catalog, internet and other identified channels to drive sales and meet contribution margin targets. Oversee execution of plans and make in-season adjustments with Marketing and E-Commerce as needed to achieve objectives.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional partners including Senior Divisional Merchandise Manager, Marketing, E-Commerce, Product Development, Sourcing, and Inventory to mitigate product duplication and achieve financial objectives including sales, gross-margin, contribution, fill rates, inventory turn and sell-through and SKU productivity.
- Order samples, play test and evaluate products to determine viability for the various programs.
- Oversee the selection or creation of photography, copy and other assets used to promote product online or in new catalog initiatives.
- Position proprietary products for success on third party platforms such as Amazon.
- Partner with Sourcing, Quality Assurance and Inventory to meet cost, quality and delivery objectives.
- Work with Inventory to develop financial plans, demand forecasts and in-season forecasts.
- Partner with Marketing and E-Commerce to develop pre-season contact strategy, budgets and promotions across channels and touchpoints.
- Collaborate with Creative to ensure catalog and marketplace presentations meet the needs of the business and align with brand strategy.
- Analyze market intelligence, industry trends, consumer reviews, supplier insights, trade shows and existing channel and SKU performance to identify new product opportunities for promotion in new marketing initiatives including drop ship programs, marketplaces and new catalog initiatives.
- Implement processes and standards for drop ship programs including vendor requirements, onboarding, assortment selection and execution, vendor monitoring and product performance evaluation.
- Develop and execute product acquisition strategies that align with company direction and objectives for directly fulfilled and drop shipped products.
- Use catalog planning software to map catalog layouts and product assets for the core MindWare direct-to-consumer catalogs as well as new catalog initiatives.
- Ensure calendar deadlines are met.
- Participate in market travel, domestically and internationally.
- Maintain an active US Passport.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Abide by all policies and procedures of Oriental Trading Company.
- Attend face to face meetings on short or little advance notice.
- Work requires in-person collaboration among colleagues and contractors.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
To apply in less than ten minutes, click the “Apply” button or view a complete list of our current openings at http://www.myotccareer.com
All work and no play just isn’t our style. Join us today!
MindWare (http://www.mindware.orientaltrading.com), a Berkshire Hathaway Company, is the nation’s largest cataloger in its segment and welcomes talented, motivated people who want to build a meaningful career and Place High Quality Toys that Teach and Entertain into the Hands of Children and Adults!
Oriental Trading Company, Inc.