Be a part of the GROWING workforce at Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company!
Recognized as a Top 50 Internet and a Top 50 Catalog Retailer, we promote fun in how we take care of our employees, empower our employees to take care of our customers, and trust our customers to take care of spreading the word. Everything else simply takes care of itself.
As our HR Generalist you will coordinate and administer activities in the employee relations function, specifically as it relates to policy administration/interpretation, performance management and corrective action, legal compliance within the employee/employer relationship, workplace investigations, leadership development and separation from employment processes. Also responsible for coordinating employee recognition events and activities. Previous experience in a fast paced environment such as retail or a distribution center a plus!
- Maintains and abides by existing processes for coaching, advising and counseling various levels of management regarding Employee Relations issues, including performance management/corrective action, policy interpretation and legal compliance. Facilitates training to employees and leadership as applicable.
- Supports management staff with investigations, employee counselings, written warnings, suspensions, and terminations.
- Coordinates various recognition programs and employee events.
- Supports organizational development initiatives and/or training.
- Prepares, enters, updates, and distributes information and documentation relating to disciplinary action, unemployment, attendance, evaluations, new hire information, termination, employment processes and leave of absence.
- Participates in the creation of policies and procedures to accomplish department and company goals and initiatives while minimizing legal risk.
- Creates and facilitates training on Employee Relations topics.
- Assists with other HR projects as assigned.
- May perform any of the above functions at any of the company locations.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Abides by all policies and procedures of Oriental Trading Company.
- Work in the Human Resources Department office environment requires in-person collaboration among colleagues and contractors.
Here’s what you need to join the fun:
- Must have knowledge in all facets of Human Resources
- Advanced understanding of employment and HR related laws, regulations and policies to include Title VII, ADA, ADAA, and FMLA.
- Must have strong analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to objectively evaluate issues presented
- Must demonstrate effective negotiation and persuasion skills with all levels of the organization
- Must be able to work independently, with a high degree of professionalism
- Must be detailed oriented and possess the ability to work successfully in a team environment
- Requires strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks with frequent interruptions
- Ability to work with and safeguard confidential information on a daily basis
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- PHR OR SHRM-CP certification preferred
- Minimum of three years HR experience required
- Previous experience in related industry preferred
Apply in less than ten minutes at http://www.myotccareer.com
So grab this opportunity and transform the “daily grind” into a thriving career, where fun is all in a day’s work!
Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company (http://www.orientaltrading.com), the nation’s leading direct marketer of value-priced novelties, toys and party supplies welcomes talented, motivated people who want to build a meaningful career and Make The World More Fun!
Oriental Trading Company, Inc.