Sr. Programmer Analyst JAVA
Be a part of the GROWING workforce at Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company!
Recognized as a Top 50 Internet and a Top 50 Catalog Retailer, we promote fun in how we take care of our employees, empower our employees to take care of our customers, and trust our customers to take care of spreading the word. Everything else simply takes care of itself.
As our Sr. Programmer Analyst JAVA, you will be responsible for leading the development team on efforts affecting multiple systems which which includes designing, coding, implementing and maintaining the following systems: Our external websites, and configuration tools our business partners use to run the day to day business. Work closely with the business community to understand the business processes and needs / requirements of business clients. Develop, analyze, and document changes required in the IT systems to fulfill requirements submitted by the users/business partners.
- Act as consultant to Oriental Trading Company business units by providing solutions to complex business issues through:
- Research, development and implementation of cutting edge technical solutions.
- Performing due diligence with internal customers.
- Recommending Business System functionality.
- Assisting in developing business requirements.
- Assisting in developing Business Cases.
- Serve as task manager working with users, programmers and other OTC functional areas in development and installation of projects. These can be complex projects implemented across one or more platforms.
- Participate with team members in priority planning: estimating resource requirements, project planning and scheduling for programming projects.
- Implement complex projects through:
- Creating and interpreting complex design documents independently and explaining to team members as necessary.
- Design unit test plans to thoroughly test all enhancements.
- Conduct code and design walk throughs.
- Review unit test output from others.
- Set up and execute system test.
- Assist in functional area systems issues cause determination and resolution.
- Write code independently.
- Develop and execute unit tests.
- Debug difficult problems.
- Participate in regularly rotated on-call duties: Must be available 24 hours/day to receive calls from Operators/Users, investigate and solve issues while on call.
- Provide training to new people and junior members of staff.
- Assist other team members with system and technical knowledge.
- Mentor Programmer Trainee through Programmer Analyst positions.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Abides by all policies and procedures of Oriental Trading Company.
Here’s what you need to join the fun:
- Understand generally accepted analysis and design techniques.
- Must become proficient in the daily operations at Oriental Trading Company.
- Strong knowledge of application development/maintenance for on-line and batch programming.
- Knowledge of different modes of communication (e.g. FTP, JDBC, etc.).
- Expert knowledge of Java EE technologies (ranging from EJB to JSP), HTML, CSS
- Strong knowledge of SQL or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of Oracle DB (10g or higher preferred)
- Expert knowledge of dump analysis techniques.
- Expert in testing techniques and knows all testing requirements of systems supported.
- Able to work under pressure, meet deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to interface with customers, clients and other departments to respond to requests both in written and verbal form.
- Must possess communication skills that will help in determining customer’s exact needs and in disseminating that information to appropriate personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Communication or closely related field required
- Minimum of five years experience using Java, FTP, SQL, Visio, Excel in an eCommerce environment
- Minimum two years experience working through the design, development and release cycle delivering software to market.
- Minimum two years experience working with 3rd party integrations such as Paypal, Coremetrics, BazaarVoice, Adobe Omniture, etc.
- Spring framework and Hibernate experience preferred.
Apply in less than ten minutes at http://www.myotccareer.com
So grab this opportunity and transform the “daily grind” into a thriving career, where fun is all in a day’s work!
Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company (http://www.orientaltrading.com), the nation’s leading direct marketer of value-priced novelties, toys and party supplies welcomes talented, motivated people who want to build a meaningful career and Make The World More Fun!
Oriental Trading Company, Inc.