Fulfillment Center Inventory Supervisor
Be a part of the GROWING workforce at Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company!
Recognized as a Top 50 Internet and a Top 50 Catalog Retailer, we promote fun in how we take care of our employees, empower our employees to take care of our customers, and trust our customers to take care of spreading the word. Everything else simply takes care of itself.
As our Fulfillment Center Inventory Supervisor, you will be responsible for
managing, training, coaching, and scheduling inventory personnel to maintain accurate inventory levels and appropriate slotting plans to support order fulfillment operations.
- Supervise and direct assigned personnel to meet the workflow; assure accurate availability and proper slotting of inventory
- Direct the movement of product to and from locations in accordance with slotting procedures
- Ensure various system reports are run and maintained to proactively address inventory issues, to include product mix between buildings and held orders
- Monitor and maintain warehouse adjustments and adjustment codes
- Maintain the cycle counting effort
- Coach, train, develop, and counsel employees daily to achieve maximum potential
- Interact and communicate with peers to achieve department objectives and goals; drive results
- Communicates frequently with other areas to include Equipment, IT and other FC operations/shifts
- Motivates and communicates with associates to ensure specified operational goals are met
- Promote an environment that encourages employee engagement
- Actively participate in development plans and work to improve the engagement of employees
- Follow and enforce company policies, procedures, and safe work practices
- Ensures compliance of and holds associates accountable for all established procedures
- Work with and safeguard confidential information on a daily basis
- Complete administrative duties timely to include: attendance and performance tracking, documentation of employee relations issues, recommendation of disciplinary action, staff scheduling, and rotation of job duties
- Complete annual performance evaluations on direct reports and recommend merit recognition
- Investigate and complete accident/incident reports; follow up with injured employees on light duty status to ensure compliance with physician restrictions
- Responsible for the direct supervision and development of up to 30 employees
- Work in a performance management environment
- Available to work required extra hours, including weekends based on business needs
Here’s what you need to join the fun:
· High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Minimum of one year supervisory experience
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Proficiency in MS Office applications required
· Ability to read and review reports
· Good analytical skills needed to understand and work with inventory
· Ability to communicate and understand English in written and verbal form
· General PC experience is required
· Ability to ten-key
· Ability to work independently
· Requires attention to detail to maintain quality of merchandise
· Experience with RF scanners is preferred
· Must be at least 18 years old
· Ability to be CPR and first aid certified preferred
· Ability to climb stairs as well as walk and stand for the duration of the shift
· Ability to occasionally lift and move 35-50 pounds
· Ability to work in elevated work areas up to 28 feet high
· General office equipment, tape gun, hand pallet jack, RF gun
Apply in less than ten minutes at http://www.myotccareer.com
So grab this opportunity and transform the “daily grind” into a thriving career, where fun is all in a day’s work!
Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company (http://www.orientaltrading.com), the nation’s leading direct marketer of value-priced novelties, toys and party supplies welcomes talented, motivated people who want to build a meaningful career and Make The World More Fun!
Oriental Trading Company, Inc.