Fulfillment Center Inventory Manager
Be a part of the GROWING workforce at Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company!
Recognized as a Top 50 Internet and a Top 50 Catalog Retailer, we promote fun in how we take care of our employees, empower our employees to take care of our customers, and trust our customers to take care of spreading the word. Everything else simply takes care of itself.
As our Fulfillment Center Inventory Manager you will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Inventory team. Managing costs and promoting a continuous process improvement philosophy. Responsible for safety, productivity, quality, and managing, coaching, and developing staff.
- Monitor operation to ensure goals are met and work is done in compliance with established policies and procedures
- Responsible for managing, coaching and developing 4 supervisors and 60 employees through personal coaching and stretch assignments
- Champion a safe work environment and ensure all staff are adhering to OSHA and company safety standards
- Build annual budget and manage to the budget. Control supply costs and labor usage to meet RLPMH (Revenue Lines per Man Hour) and CPL (Cost Per Line)
- Generate new approaches to solving business issues by championing alternative ideas and promoting a continuous improvement philosophy with all staff
- Develop reporting and tracking metrics to monitor business results and trends
- Promote the open flow of communication within the operation and foster an environment of employee engagement
- Participate in the resolution of employee issues, assuring timeliness and consistency
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance
- Abide by all policies and procedures of Oriental Trading Company, Inc.
- Must be able to attend face to face meetings on short or little notice
- Work requires in-person collaboration among colleagues and contractors
Here’s what you need to join the fun:
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong soft skills and ability to lead through direct and indirect reports
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Able to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum two years supervisory experience in a multi-flow production environment
- Ability to frequently lift or carry up to 35 pounds, and occasionally up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work in elevated work areas up to 28 feet high
- Ability to stand, sit and/or walk the entire shift
- Ability to climb stairs
- Able to perform functions of the job in a safe manner
- Equipment Utilization- Telephone, PC, facsimile machine, radio, copier, OTC communication equipment, RF scanning devices, multiple types of material handling equipment
Apply in less than ten minutes at http://www.myotccareer.com
So grab this opportunity and transform the “daily grind” into a thriving career, where fun is all in a day’s work!
Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company (http://www.orientaltrading.com), the nation’s leading direct marketer of value-priced novelties, toys and party supplies welcomes talented, motivated people who want to build a meaningful career and Make The World More Fun!
Oriental Trading Company, Inc.