IT Service Desk Analyst
Are you ready for a career where fun means business? Join us at Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company!
As our IT Service Desk Analyst, you develop and enhance the operating procedures for a 24x7 Information Technology Operations Center. Responsible for daily activities of the Service Desk Analysts during assigned shifts to deliver outstanding quality, communication, and service to our customers in compliance with in-house SLA requirements. The schedule for this position is Tuesday - Saturday- 11:30pm to 7:30am. PAY INCLUDES GENEROUS SHIFT DIFFERENTIAL.
- Work with each shift schedule to ensure adequate team coverage and provide this coverage when necessary.
- Interface with various company business units for service improvement and restoration.
- Monitor and support the company's production systems, applications and deployments.
- Assist in coordinating departmental teams to identify errors and anomalies.
- Identify and verify service impact to customers, and escalate to subject matter experts in support of problem resolution.
- Communicate with internal teams in support of status updates regarding open issues.
- Implement actions in support of root cause analysis and problem remediation.
- Properly communicate issues, concerns, and escalations to the IT Service Delivery Manager.
- Abide by all policies and procedures of Oriental Trading Company
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Work requires in-person collaboration among colleagues and contractors
- Must be able to attend face to face meetings on short or little advance notice
Here’s what you need to join the fun:
- Solid working knowledge and hands-on experience with Linux & Windows servers, including IBM Power-I systems and Service Desk ticket systems. (ServiceNow)
- Understanding of basic network protocols. (TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP, SSH, SSL, etc.)
- Performance management for the team members, ensuring high levels of team morale and productivity as well as team adherence to procedure and expectations.
- Excellent communication, customer service and intra-personal skills with employees, cross functional departments and all levels of leadership.
- Work with each shift to assure proper cross-training, documentation, and to identify and advance opportunities to improve overall efficiency.
- Govern consistent execution of common Service Desk tasks across multiple shifts
- Oversee and communicate the IT Service Delivery Team's involvement with any and all deployments; including, but not limited to, assisting with deployment notifications, deployment plans, managing SSOC deployment responsibilities, bridge / conference calls and coordination with the business
- Working knowledge of monitoring technologies (Hyperic, Halcyon, SolarWinds, Dynatrace/Keynote, etc)
- Self-motivated and results oriented with a focus on delivering high-quality work.
- Excellent collaborative problem solving skills with an ability to implement solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-4 years related experience in a Service Desk environment.
- Experience as hands on Service Desk Analyst, including personnel and shift coordination and management, and making daily reports on shift operations upon issues handled/escalated.
- Experience in fast paced and growing environment, and proficiency with Operation Center concepts and practices.
- Previous experience writing procedural and technical documentation.
- Experienced and proficient with troubleshooting techniques and problem solving in a 24x7x365 production environment.
- Solid understanding of ITIL based operational Processes.
- Willingness to work various shifts, including evenings, overnights, & weekends, to ensure full coverage which may include being on-call / available 24 x 7
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- ITIL 2011v3 Foundation certification
- ServiceNow Knowledge
- MCP Certification
- HDI Certification
To apply in less than ten minutes click the “Apply” button or view a complete list of our current openings at http://www.myotccareer.com
All work and no play just isn’t our style. Join us today!
Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company (http://www.orientaltrading.com) is the nation’s leading direct marketer of value-priced novelties, toys and party supplies and welcomes talented, motivated people who want to build a meaningful career and Make The World More Fun! EOE
Oriental Trading Company, Inc.