Accounts Payable Clerk
Are you ready for a career where fun means business? Join us at SmileMakers, a Berkshire Hathaway Company!
Founded in 1978, SmileMakers mission is to make smiles happen. The premier provider of products used to inspire, motivate, reward and celebrate, SmileMakers believes in the power of a smile. SmileMakers specializes in patient giveaways and practice promotion products for the dental and medical markets. SmileMakers is best known as the leader in the creation and distribution of stickers, rewards and incentives featuring today’s most popular characters and children’s themes. With safety as a priority, all products meet or exceed Consumer Products Safety standards. Known for exceptional customer service, every sale is backed by the SmileMakers 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. With operations located in Spartanburg, SC, and Ajax, Ontario, SmileMakers serves customers through its U.S. and Canadian websites, 1-800 number, and market-specific catalogs. SmileMakers is a Berkshire Hathaway Company.
As our Accounts Payable Clerk your responsibilities will include Compile, classify, record, verify, and maintain data for accounts payable and accounts receivable records.
- Support and adhere to SmileMakers’ Vision and Values Statement
- Maintain the accounts payable system
- Match inventory invoices against purchase order and receiving records, research discrepancies and approve for payment.
- Forward other non-inventory invoices to appropriate departments for approval.
- Prepare and enter all approved accounts payable invoices.
- Ensure accurate and timely payments with regard to vendor discounts and net terms.
- Verify that all vendor information is up-to-date.
- Investigate problems that vendors or purchasing agents have with obtaining payment for bills
- Assist with accounts receivable procedures
- Review and post payments in an accurate and timely manner.
- Prepare daily cash deposits.
- Process daily credit card deposits.
- Investigate inaccurate remittance detail to result in accurate disposition of monies.
- Assist accounts receivable clerk with preparing and mailing statements.
- Process and review Serenade refund checks.
- Process daily satisfaction guarantee adjustments to customer accounts.
- Prepare weekly collection letters to mail to past due accounts.
- Answer accounts payable and receivable inquiries and follow up
- Assist in monthly and annual closings
- Abide by all policies and procedures of Smilemakers and Oriental Trading Company
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance
- Must be able to attend face to face meetings on short or little advance notice
- Work requires in-person collaboration among colleagues and contractors
Here’s what you need to join the fun:
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of ABS Accounting software; Serenade processing systems; Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet software and Microsoft Word Processing software
- Must be able to work with and safeguard confidential data on a daily basis
- Work within urgent deadlines on a frequent basis
- Function in an efficient manner with a high degree of independence
- Attention to detail and negotiation skills
- Proficient with a 10-key calculator
- Proficient at typing
- Regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear
- Occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associates Degree in Accounting a Plus
- 1-2 years of work related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
To apply in less than ten minutes click the “Apply” button or view a complete list of our current openings at http://www.myotccareer.com
All work and no play just isn’t our style. Join us today!
SmileMakers, a Berkshire Hathaway Company (http://www.smilemakers.com), the nation’s premier provider of products used to inspire, motivate, reward and celebrate welcomes talented, motivated people who want to build a meaningful career and Believes in the Power of a Smile!