Be a part of the GROWING workforce at Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company!
Recognized as a Top 50 Internet and a Top 50 Catalog Retailer, we promote fun in how we take care of our employees, empower our employees to take care of our customers, and trust our customers to take care of spreading the word. Everything else simply takes care of itself.
Our Copywriter Optimizes content to drive online engagement through natural and on-site search, which could involve competitive research. Develops copy, brand voice and response-generating messaging for various Oriental Trading Company catalogs, e-commerce campaigns, advertisements, package inserts, direct mail pieces and other collateral response materials. Works closely with the Copy and QA Manager.
- Creates response-generating, on-brand headlines and messaging on assigned advertising and direct mail pieces, including covers, inside front and back covers, alternative media, catalog pages and web projects.
- Composes, edits and proofreads product descriptions for catalogs and other special projects by using the specific guidelines that have been set according to the business unit.
- Composes key messaging on website home pages, affiliate ads and key-rich product descriptions for on-line website.
- Obtains product information and pertinent selling points by consulting with the merchandising staff for information.
- Accurately describes product in copy by referring to product sheet, checking the AS400, measuring product, listing what product is made of and any other salable points.
- Inputs descriptions and edits into Automated Composition Solution (i.e. Catalog Magician) for both print and on-line contacts.
- Writes idea-generating online content articles and weekly blogs to correspond with seasonal print catalogs and special promotions and load finalized article to website.
- Attend brainstorming or concept meetings as assigned by coordinators or supervisor.
Here’s what you need to join the fun:
- Bachelor of Arts degree is preferred with emphasis in journalism or creative writing or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum two years writing experience with emphasis on response-generating advertising and/or direct mail copy.
- Grammatical and creative ability in related field.
- Must have excellent organization and communication skills.
- Requires the ability to work independently and creatively within the pressure of deadlines.
- Must have the ability to multi task with an excellent attitude regarding change and input from others.
- Ability to key stroke 45 wpm.
- Must be proficient in a Macintosh environment.
- Ability to perform job in a safe manner.
Apply in less than ten minutes at http://www.myotccareer.com
So grab this opportunity and transform the “daily grind” into a thriving career, where fun is all in a day’s work!
Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company (http://www.orientaltrading.com), the nation’s leading direct marketer of value-priced novelties, toys and party supplies welcomes talented, motivated people who want to build a meaningful career and Make The World More Fun!
Oriental Trading Company, Inc.