Are you ready for a career where fun means business? Join us at Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company!
General Summary of Purpose:
Directs and manages the personnel and daily operations associated with ocean freight, air freight, small parcel freight, and FTL/LTL freight within the Transportation department on all shifts, at all facilities, and is responsible for the operations and expenses associated with each mode. Reviews, audits, codes and approves parcel and domestic transportation invoices. In addition, seeks out and implements cost savings or value-added opportunities within the Transportation department.
- Manages all ocean freight, air freight, small parcel freight, and FTL/LTL freight including local drayage for ocean containers
- Responsible for carrier relations and implementation of carrier agreements to achieve the optimal net freight or lowest cost-of-goods for the enterprise
- Responsible for the scheduling of freight movements between facilities, inbound container shipments from the rail yard to the receiving operations, domestic FTL/LTL, and local deliveries
- Communicates company policy, changes, goals, and expectations to direct reports. Responsible for the flow of communication between Transportation and all other areas of the company
- Works with Sourcing and Inventory leadership in resolving issues related to transportation and improving the overall flow of sourced product
- Audits, codes and approves ocean, air, small parcel, FTL/LTL, and drayage invoices for payment
- Evaluates carrier performance and recommends appropriate changes
- Performs analysis on current data trends and keeps up with the current logistics environment to identify cost savings or value added opportunities within the department
- Evaluates future initiatives against return on investment, risk, change impact, service impact, etc., and makes appropriate recommendations
- Prepares proposals on recommended initiatives and manages the implementation of the initiative, overseeing the efforts of internal OTC staff and external support
- Ensures that comprehensive OSHA, DOT, safety and production training is provided and written training guides are current and is responsible for enforcing those standards
- Ensure that internal fleet is maintained and compliant
- Provides periodic updates around key performance metrics and industry trends to executive management
- Interacts and communicates with other management to achieve department objectives and goals
- Responsible for the recommendation and/or implementation of improvements to efficiency, productivity, processes, safety, time lines and morale
- Develops, implements and maintains Standard Operating Procedures for department
- Works closely with Human Resources and other departments to ensure policies and procedures are being followed consistently. Participates in the resolution of employee issues, assuring timely and consistent treatment. Makes decisions in regards to the level of discipline issued when policies and procedures are not followed
- Trains, develops and manages the Transportation team. Directs, coaches and mentors staff to ensure engagement and productivity levels are maintained; provides regular and consistent feedback and communication throughout the year and during goal setting and follow-up sessions and performance reviews
- Works with other divisional managers as required to assess and effectively implement cross-divisional improvements
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance
- Abide by all policies and procedures of Oriental Trading Company, Inc.
- Must be able to attend face to face meetings on short or little advance notice
- Work requires in-person collaboration among colleagues and contractors
- Occasional travel may be required
Here’s what you need to join the fun:
- Ability to adjust to rapidly changing needs in a fast-paced environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and financial skills required
- Excellent customer service skills
- Product knowledge and familiarity with production and fulfillment processes
- Effective knowledge of Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook
- Use of web portals provided by various vendors
- Able to safeguard confidential information
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a Logistics discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in negotiations and cost analysis
- Small Parcel concepts, including accessorial charges and rate calculations
- FTL and LTL concepts and pricing methods
- Personnel management; drivers and office staff
- Ocean and air freight experience is a plus
To apply in less than ten minutes click the “Apply” button or view a complete list of our current openings at http://www.myotccareer.com
To apply in less than ten minutes, log in to Ultipro.
- Click on the “Home” tab
- Click on “Current Job Opportunities”
ATTENTION: If you are creating a new profile, you must Save the profile information and then login with your new user when prompted to complete the application process.
All work and no play just isn’t our style. Join us today!
Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company (http://www.orientaltrading.com) is the nation’s leading direct marketer of value-priced novelties, toys and party supplies and welcomes talented, motivated people who want to build a meaningful career and Make The World More Fun!
Oriental Trading Company is the nation's largest direct retailer of value-priced party supplies, arts and crafts, school supplies, toys and novelties. Recognized as one of the Top 20 Internet Retailers based on customer satisfaction, Oriental Trading offers over 40,000 products to consumers, educators, businesses and non-profit organizations. Oriental Trading employs approximately 1,600 employees and makes the world more fun with items ranging from pink flamingos and wedding favors to holiday decorations, educational games and crafts. In 2013, Oriental Trading acquired MindWare, an award-winning creator and manufacturer of educational toys and in 2014, acquired SmileMakers, the leader in patient giveaways and practice promotion products. Oriental Trading is a Berkshire Hathaway company.
Oriental Trading Company, Inc.