Security Officer III
Are you ready for a career where fun means business? Join us at Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company!
General Summary of Purpose:
Performs duties as an armed security officer maintaining a secure corporate environment by enforcing access control and safety/security-related policies and procedures.
- Security Officer’s role is to respond with appropriate force necessary to stop the threat.
- Maintains secure surroundings by enforcing access control.
- Roves through company facilities to ensure a safe environment.
- Escorts terminated employees, or disruptive individuals, off company premises.
- Responds to emergencies such as fires, accidents, injuries, and disturbances in the workplace.
- Reports all abnormal situations to the Security Shift Supervisor.
- Completes daily written reports of shift activities.
- Provides service of the highest level while maintaining all company information confidential.
- Abides by all policies and procedures of Oriental Trading Company.
- Maintains regular, predictable attendance.
- Work requires in-person collaboration among colleagues and contractors.
- Must be able to attend a face to face meetings on short or little advance notice.
Here’s what you need to join the fun:
- Requires good written and verbal communication skills.
- CPR certified
- The ability to communicate and understand English in either written form or verbally.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations and make decisions.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple responsibilities.
- Possess exceptional ability to exercise good judgment and make responsible decisions.
- Understand laws regarding the use of force
- Knowledgeable of Nebraska law and Omaha city ordinances applicable to company property and employees.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and possess excellent follow-through skills
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Graduate of a state or federal law enforcement academy.
- Graduate of armed forces military police within the last 5 years considered. Must have performed military law enforcement duties in the past 5 years or similar armed security/law enforcement responsibilities.
- Minimum 3 years local, state, federal, or military law enforcement related experience required.
- Must be in sufficient physical condition to perform duties as assigned
- Must be able to physically control persons by using appropriate and necessary force.
- Must be alert and ready to deal with security emergencies
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to hear.
- Must be able to walk frequently, use elevators and climb open grate stairways
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must be flexible to work a variety of shifts with short notice.
- A valid driver’s license and driving record in accordance with OTC standards is required for the operation of company vehicles.
- Required to pass annual handgun efficiency certification.
- Possess State of Nebraska Concealed Carry Permit.
To apply in less than ten minutes click the “Apply” button or view a complete list of our current openings at http://www.myotccareer.com
All work and no play just isn’t our style. Join us today!
Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company (http://www.orientaltrading.com) is the nation’s leading direct marketer of value-priced novelties, toys, and party supplies and welcomes talented, motivated people who want to build a meaningful career and Make The World More Fun!
Oriental Trading Company, Inc.