All work and no play just isn’t our style. Join us today!
- Defines business and system requirements through frequent interaction with managers and staff to prioritize work efforts and support the operation of current HRIS software
- Directly supports Payroll, Benefits and Compensation processes and reporting.
- Defines, performs, maintains and documents configuration specifications for current and future HRIS software
- Understands and supports the architecture and data flow between HRIS systems; creates and maintains interfaces between systems to maximize efficiencies of administration
- Participates in HRIS projects; makes recommendations for change to software, methodology or practices to increase the efficiencies of the HRIS systems within supported guidelines of the IT department
- Participates in the project team during system definition, development, implementation and data migration for HR related projects
- Performs and tests software updates and upgrades to ensure maximum use of software. Presents additional functionality to the appropriate groups and makes recommendations for use
- Demonstrates creative use of applications, without modification or within standard customization modules, to meet business requirements
- Administers security for all HRIS software; creates new user accounts, permissions, views and roles; maintains updated documentation of security accounts for all HRIS software
- Prepares software, operations, program, procedure and user documentation according to standards
- Designs reports, modifies existing reports and provides accurate data analysis to various customers using Cognos BI, Access and Excel. Provides support to other report writers using these programs.
- Builds and maintains teamwork between Payroll, HR, IT and database personnel within the operations departments by conducting regular meetings and consulting IT support in regards to special projects
- Abides by all policies and procedures of Oriental Trading Company
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance
- Serves as a liaison to the IT staff and vendor technical support in regards to human resource systems and databases
- Serves as day-to-day technical support to the HR department
- Educate peers on HR Applications and the use of the HR data
- Performs other duties or projects as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- High degree of problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to handle and safeguard confidential records and information
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal abilities
- Associates degree in Information System Administration or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Additional training or certification in Microsoft Office a plus
- 1-2 years experience in HRIS software configuration and administration.
- Previous systems experience with Ultipro/UKG and Kronos software a plus
- 1-2 Experience with data analysis and reporting
- Understanding of Compensation, Benefits and Payroll a plus
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including, but not limited too, MS Access and MS Excel
Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company (http://www.orientaltrading.com) is the nation’s leading direct marketer of value-priced novelties, toys, and party supplies and welcomes talented, motivated people who want to build a meaningful career and Make The World More Fun!
Oriental Trading Company is the nation's largest direct retailer of value-priced party supplies, arts and crafts, school supplies, toys, and novelties. Recognized as one of the Top 20 Internet Retailers based on customer satisfaction, Oriental Trading offers over 40,000 products to consumers, educators, businesses, and non-profit organizations. Oriental Trading employs approximately 1,600 employees and makes the world more fun with items ranging from pink flamingos and wedding favors to holiday decorations, educational games, and crafts. In 2013, Oriental Trading acquired MindWare, an award-winning creator and manufacturer of educational toys and in 2014, acquired SmileMakers, the leader in patient giveaways and practice promotion products. Oriental Trading is a Berkshire Hathaway company.
Oriental Trading Company, Inc.