Quality Assurance Specialist
Are you ready for a career where fun means business? Join us at Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company!
In this role you will...
1. Analyze product specifications to determine cost effective packaging requirements for new and existing products. Define structural and retail packaging criteria to meet internal and external customers’ expectations for functionality and visual presentation. Identify special handling requirements.
2. Evaluate vendor production samples to ensure quality, packaging and labeling compliance. Perform drop testing, visual inspection and measure packaging materials. Communicate required adjustments to supplier.
3. Create and revise Product Specification Sheets. Study drawings, specifications, mockups, and product samples to efficiently communicate inspection criteria. Write material in an understandable format so people with a non-technical background can easily comprehend. Includes production information, photos, and diagrams to facilitate the inspection process.
4. Coordinate factory inspections with Overseas offices.
5. Review and research inspection failures to facilitate resolution with supplier for all nonconforming product. Includes negotiating discounts, directing foreign suppliers to correct or reproduce product, assessing fines and cancelling shipments.
6. Partner with brand teams, Sourcing and Product Development to ensure all products manufactured meet or exceed OTC’s quality expectations. Assemble, evaluate, and record deficient product samples and prepare reported results for cross-functional collaboration.
7. Process Quality claims. Determine steps required to address issue and improve customer satisfaction, while maintaining product cost and fill rate metrics. Includes negotiating charge backs and directing suppliers in establishing corrective action plan.
8. Investigate customer complaints related to packaging and non-conformance issues. Collaborate with the Incoming Inspection team to retrieve and compare approval versus production samples when quality problems arise. Evaluate audit findings and implements appropriate corrective actions.
9. Update and maintain data in systems that define, quantify and report
status/resolution of product quality, packaging, inspections, claims and functionality issues.
10. Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
11. Abides by all policies and procedures of Oriental Trading Company.
1. Serves to represent Oriental Trading Company to the general community, promoting the best interest of Oriental Trading Company.
2. Coordinate product sample shipments between OTC facilities.
3. Assist manager, supervisor and other team members as needed.
4. Coordinate and implements special projects as needed.
5. Perform other duties and projects as assigned
Here is what you need to join the FUN...
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Excellent communication skills to clearly and effectively deliver information in both verbal and written form with all levels of the organization, our customers and suppliers that is successfully received and understood.
2. Ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously, while working independently or with others to meet priority deadlines. Self-motivated, results oriented individual.
3. Must be flexible and have the ability to interact with all levels of the organization. Exhibit a professional and positive attitude.
4. Ability to use independent judgment and discretion to make effective decisions. Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
5. Fluent in Microsoft Office (all applications, including PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, and AS400. Requires a minimum of 35 WPM.
6. Ability to adjust to frequent changes in policies, processes and fluctuating workload.
7. Ability to negotiate with overseas vendors to ensure the best outcome for Oriental Trading Company and its customers.
8. Skills in comparing/inspecting items and judging whether they are similar to or different from prescribed standards. Must be able to use tape measure, scale, micrometer, and calipers to determine product and packaging criteria. Ability to in add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
9. Ability to manage stress and handle difficult situations in a professional manner.
• Associates Degree in Business or equivalent preferred.
• Minimum two years of experience in an office environment, updating and maintaining spreadsheets and databases.
• Previous quality control or quality assurance experience preferred.
• Prior experience in consumer-packaged goods or retail is preferred.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Access, Word, Excel and Outlook.
• AS400 experience preferred.
Other Qualifications and Physical Requirements
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally and 35 pounds frequently.
• Ability to perform job duties in a safe manner.
To apply in less than ten minutes click the “Apply” button or view a complete list of our current openings at http://www.myotccareer.com
To apply in less than ten minutes, log in to Ultipro.
• Click on the “Myself” tab
• Click on the “My Company” tab
• Click on “View Opportunities” from this section
ATTENTION: If you are creating a new profile, you must Save the profile information and then login with your new user when prompted to complete the application process.
All work and no play just isn’t our style. Join us today!
Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company (http://www.orientaltrading.com) is the nation’s leading direct marketer of value-priced novelties, toys and party supplies andwelcomes talented, motivated people who want to build a meaningful career and Make The World More Fun!
Oriental Trading Company is the nation's largest direct retailer of value-priced party supplies, arts and crafts, school supplies, toys and novelties. Recognized as one of the Top 20 Internet Retailers based on customer satisfaction, Oriental Trading offers over 40,000 products to consumers, educators, businesses and non-profit organizations. Oriental Trading employs approximately 1,600 employees and makes the world more fun with items ranging from pink flamingos and wedding favors to holiday decorations, educational games and crafts. In 2013, Oriental Trading acquired MindWare, an award-winning creator and manufacturer of educational toys and in 2014, acquired SmileMakers, the leader in patient giveaways and practice promotion products. Oriental Trading is a Berkshire Hathaway company.
Oriental Trading Company, Inc.