IT Support Specialist
Are you ready for a career where fun means business? Join us at Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company!
General Summary of Purpose:
As our IT Support Specialist, you will be responsible for supporting, troubleshooting and documenting, technology applications for warehouse and finance functional systems. Performs systems analysis and procedures, including consulting with users, to determine hardware, software or system functional specifications. Works closely with business partners and other Application Development teams to provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers. Gathers details and creates solutions for support requests requiring IT assistance. Engages Technical Leads when needed to provide solutions in a timely manner. Ensures that solutions satisfy the associated Service Level Agreement (SLA) while ensuring the best technical practices are applied.
- Provide online, in person and phone support for OTC functional application service requests
- Act as a consultant to Oriental Trading Company business units by providing solutions to complex support issues through:
- Research of existing technical solutions
- Performing due diligence with internal customers and team members.
- Merging knowledge of OTC functional areas and applications
- Serve as a technology specialist for OTC functional areas and applications. These are complex systems implemented across one or multiple platforms.
- Collaborate with team members to establish, apply and advocate for best practice service procedures for concerning OTC functional applications
- Ensure all support procedures are fully documented, at both technical and business levels
- Accurately report all support activity through status reports
- Identify service demand trends and seek remedial action when required to address problems in a timely manner.
- Prioritize and meet predefined Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) for service requests
- Provide IT support for OTC functional applications with minimal supervision
- Develop quality solutions for IT service requests and serve as the main contact point for issues requiring IT assistance
- Participate in team activities and team planning with the aim of improving teamwork skills, awareness, and quality of work.
- Abide by all policies and procedures of Oriental Trading Company, Inc.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance
- Must be able to attend face to face meetings on short or little advance notice
- Work requires in-person collaboration among colleagues
Here’s what you need to join the fun:
- Some college course work in Information technology or related discipline a plus
- Minimum of two years’ experience with customer service
- Working knowledge of software and database systems a plus
- Must become proficient in the daily operations at Oriental Trading Company
- Must possess communication skills (written and verbal) that will help in determining customer’s/user’s exact needs and in disseminating that information to appropriate personnel
- Able to use advanced system utilities
- Some knowledge of dump analysis techniques or batch job troubleshooting
- Able to work under pressure, meet deadlines and handle multiple support requests simultaneously
- Able to interface with customers, clients, and other departments to respond to requests both in written and verbal forms for the purposes of software support
- Excellent organizational skills, great attention to detail
To appl in less than ten minutes click the “Apply” button or view a complete list of our current openings at http://www.myotccareer.com
All work and no play just isn’t our style. Join us today!
Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company (http://www.orientaltrading.com) is the nation’s leading direct marketer of value-priced novelties, toys, and party supplies and welcomes talented, motivated people who want to build a meaningful career and Make The World More Fun!
Oriental Trading Company is the nation's largest direct retailer of value-priced party supplies, arts and crafts, school supplies, toys and novelties. Recognized as one of the Top 20 Internet Retailers based on customer satisfaction, Oriental Trading offers over 40,000 products to consumers, educators, businesses, and non-profit organizations. Oriental Trading employs approximately 1,600 employees and makes the world more fun with items ranging from pink flamingos and wedding favors to holiday decorations, educational games, and crafts. In 2013, Oriental Trading acquired MindWare, an award-winning creator and manufacturer of educational toys and in 2014, acquired SmileMakers, the leader in patient giveaways and practice promotion products. Oriental Trading is a Berkshire Hathaway company.
Oriental Trading Company, Inc.