Marketplace Business Development Manager
- Research and prospect new vendors for OTC’s Marketplace using provided tools in order to identify potential leads.
- Understand the OTC customer and partner with Merchandising to identify unique offerings for our customers that can be solutioned through the Marketplace.
- Assist in the analysis of revenue and profitability of new vendors.
- Creates client specific sales strategies that will be presented to existing and prospective customers through phone calls, trade shows and occasionally, personal sales calls
- Contribute to team objectives through revenue, on-boarded brands, time to on-board and developing vendor pipelines.
- Onboard new vendors through the integration to the platform and serve as a representative for continued relationship building.
- Abide by all policies and procedures of Oriental Trading Company.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to build and foster relationships.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Exceptional analysis and problem-solving capabilities
- Very detail-oriented
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Able to work independently and under tight deadlines
- Understanding of data measurement, database structure and spreadsheets
- Understanding of direct marketing principles
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three years Sales experience required
- Experience in vendor negotiations preferred.
Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company (http://www.orientaltrading.com) is the nation’s leading direct marketer of value-priced novelties, toys and party supplies and welcomes talented, motivated people who want to build a meaningful career and Make The World More Fun! Recognized as one of the Top 20 Internet Retailers based on customer satisfaction, Oriental Trading offers over 40,000 products to consumers, educators, businesses and non-profit organizations. Oriental Trading employs approximately 1,600 employees and makes the world more fun with items ranging from pink flamingos and wedding favors to holiday decorations, educational games and crafts. In 2013, Oriental Trading acquired MindWare, an award-winning creator and manufacturer of educational toys and in 2014, acquired SmileMakers, the leader in patient giveaways and practice promotion products. Oriental Trading is a Berkshire Hathaway company.