Manager OTC Marketplace
- Develop OTC’s Marketplace strategy to expand for the achievement towards sales and profitability.
- Responsible for managing the PL for OTC’s marketplace.
- Build and leverage partnerships with vendors that align to OTC’s strategy, customer offerings that stay on brand and share like values to our organization.
- Research and identify vendors aligned with OTC’s platform and sell the value of product inclusions on OTC Marketplace.
- Ensure the channels are in line with overarching OTC strategy and drive vendor and category growth for each channel.
- Partner closely with Merchandising to make recommendations for enhanced product offerings through identified vendors and/or product solutions.
- Deliver and therefore set standards for the team through ROI, COGS, traffic, conversion and all overall revenue projections.
- Responsible for the operational functions of the team in order to:
- Maintain efficiency and accuracy of the system and processes.
- Analyze business metrics for operational reporting and delivery of KPI’s.
- Ensure the system allows vendors to easily sell their products on OTC Marketplace.
- Keep abreast of the market and competitors to strategically place OTC on trend through new market opportunities.
- Build and lead a team focused on the strategies of OTC’s Marketplace.
- Abide by all policies and procedures of Oriental Trading Company.
- Maintain regular, predictable attendance.
- Must be able to attend face to face meetings on short or little advance notice.
- Work in the Marketing Department office environment requires in-person collaboration among colleagues and contractors.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to build and foster relationships.
- Ability to influence at all levels in the organization.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Exceptional analysis and problem-solving capabilities
- Very detail-oriented
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Able to work independently and under tight deadlines
- Understanding of data measurement, database structure and spreadsheets
- Understanding of direct marketing principles
- Understanding of internet protocols.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Bachelor’s Degree Marketing, Finance, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least five years of online marketing, finance, ecommerce.
- At least three years of leadership experience.
- Prior marketplace experience preferred.
- Experience in driving and managing P&L
- Experience in vendor negotiations preferred.
Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company (http://www.orientaltrading.com) is the nation’s leading direct marketer of value-priced novelties, toys and party supplies and welcomes talented, motivated people who want to build a meaningful career and Make The World More Fun! Recognized as one of the Top 20 Internet Retailers based on customer satisfaction, Oriental Trading offers over 40,000 products to consumers, educators, businesses and non-profit organizations. Oriental Trading employs approximately 1,600 employees and makes the world more fun with items ranging from pink flamingos and wedding favors to holiday decorations, educational games and crafts. In 2013, Oriental Trading acquired MindWare, an award-winning creator and manufacturer of educational toys and in 2014, acquired SmileMakers, the leader in patient giveaways and practice promotion products. Oriental Trading is a Berkshire Hathaway company.
Oriental Trading Company, Inc.