Advanced Analytics Analyst
As our Advanced Analytics Analyst, you would provides analytical support to marketing efforts. Enhances understanding of and extracts insight on customer behavior. Supports development of ideas to increase revenue, reduce costs, and improve decision-support.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Utilizes customer database reporting tools to extract data for statistical analysis
2. Builds statistical models to find incremental circulation for all marketing campaigns
3. Analyzes trends and patterns in customer behavior related to purchasing habits (RFM, product categories, channel usage, etc.)
4. Summarizes analysis findings in concise, well-reasoned, and actionable reports
5. Ensures all required files are delivered to marketing database team per schedule to ensure timely execution of marketing calendar
6. Abides by all policies and procedures of Oriental Trading Company
7. Maintains regular and predictable attendance
8. Must be able to attend face to face meetings on short or little advance notice
9. Work in the Marketing Department office environment requires in-person collaboration among colleagues and contractors
1. Participates in model and analysis quality management process
2. Keeps abreast of analysis practices for the catalog and direct marketing industries
3. Performs other related duties and projects as assigned
Here is what you need to join the FUN...
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• High level understanding of data measurement and data structures
• Creative thinker able to solve complex analytic problems
• Strong written and oral communications skills
• Strong technical writing capability
• Exceptionally detail oriented
• Able to work independently on multiple, simultaneous projects under tight deadlines
• Advanced knowledge of Excel®, Access® and/or similar software
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Power Point or similar software
• Master’s degree in a quantitative field, such as Statistics, Mathematics, Management Information Systems, closely related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum one-year experience in statistical analysis related to any service sector
• Experience with statistical and data reporting tools (SAS preferred)
• Experience with relational database query language such as SQL
• Experience with multivariate data analysis methods is required, prefer experience with large, (multi-million) customer base
• Experience in statistical analysis to include segmentation techniques
To apply in less than ten minutes click the “Apply” button or view a complete list of our current openings at http://www.myotccareer.com
To apply in less than ten minutes, log in to Ultipro.
• Click on the “Myself” tab
• Click on the “My Company” tab
• Click on “View Opportunities” from this section
ATTENTION: If you are creating a new profile, you must Save the profile information and then login with your new user when prompted to complete the application process.
All work and no play just isn’t our style. Join us today!
Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company (http://www.orientaltrading.com) is the nation’s leading direct marketer of value-priced novelties, toys and party supplies and welcomes talented, motivated people who want to build a meaningful career and Make The World More Fun!
Oriental Trading Company is the nation's largest direct retailer of value-priced party supplies, arts and crafts, school supplies, toys and novelties. Recognized as one of the Top 20 Internet Retailers based on customer satisfaction, Oriental Trading offers over 40,000 products to consumers, educators, businesses and non-profit organizations. Oriental Trading employs approximately 1,600 employees and makes the world more fun with items ranging from pink flamingos and wedding favors to holiday decorations, educational games and crafts. In 2013, Oriental Trading acquired MindWare, an award-winning creator and manufacturer of educational toys and in 2014, acquired SmileMakers, the leader in patient giveaways and practice promotion products. Oriental Trading is a Berkshire Hathaway company.
Oriental Trading Company, Inc.