Divisional Merchandise Manager
- Manage customer solution(s) ensuring performance to planned financial objectives.
- Oversee development of balanced assortment plans accounting for customer needs, market position/trends, historical performance and business goals.
- Manage product life cycles, establish pricing strategies and manage product price points to maximize sales, sell-through and profitability.
- Ensure cross-solution interaction to mitigate product duplication, improve product performance and productivity.
- Develop merchandising plans by solution, category and product across catalog, internet and other identified channels to drive sales and meet contribution margin targets. Oversee execution of plans and make in-season adjustments with Marketing and E-Commerce as needed to achieve objectives.
- Communicates financial objectives, solution strategies, and assortment plans with cross-functional partners including Marketing, E-Commerce, Product Development, Sourcing, Quality Assurance, Merchandise Planning, Inventory and Creative. Partners with cross-functional teams to achieve financial objectives including sales, gross-margin, contribution, fill rates, inventory turn and sell-through and sku productivity.
- Supervise train and coach a team of 3 – 5 merchants, associate merchants and assistant merchants. Ensure engagement goals are met.
- Ensure calendar deadlines are met.
- Leverage company direction to develop long-term strategies in conjunction with cross-functional partners to achieve company objectives.
- Collaborate with Product Design to identify relevant trends and concepts. Develop new product and update existing products that align with performance, trends and concepts.
- Partner with Sourcing, Quality Assurance and Inventory to meet cost, quality and delivery objectives.
- Work with Merchandise Planning to develop financial plans, demand forecasts and in-season forecasts.
- Partner with Marketing and E-Commerce to develop pre-season contact strategy, budgets and promotions across channels and touchpoints.
- Collaborate with Creative to ensure presentation meets the needs of the business and aligns with brand strategy.
- Know and leverage market trends, strengths and opportunities within area of responsibility through keen assessment and analysis of competitive set.
- Oversees and participates in market travel, domestically and internationally.
- Must maintain an active US Passport.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Abides by all policies and procedures of Oriental Trading Company.
- Must be able to attend face to face meetings on short or little advance notice.
- Work in the Merchandising Department office environment requires in-person collaboration among colleagues and contractors.
Here's what you need to join the fun:
• Possess a proven track record of merchandising business management, success and growth
• Ability to recognize and research trends, competitors, and market conditions
• Ability to analyze quantitative data
• Proficient in communicating, presenting, negotiating and influencing appropriately to all levels of the organization
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally to trade shows and vendor visits
• Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and communicate appropriately to all levels of the organization
• Ability to lead, manage, and develop team members toward personal, departmental and organizational goals
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude, set priorities and remain flexible in an ever changing environment
• Awareness of federal, legal and regulatory requirements that impact the assigned responsibility
• Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Access
• Ability to perform the job in a safe manner
• Ability to walk, sit, and stand, for short and extended periods of time
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Merchandising, Business, related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 7-10 years merchandising or related experience, including 2-5 years of managerial experience preferred.
To apply in less than ten minutes, log in to Ultipro.
- Click on the “Home” tab
- Click on “Current Job Opportunities”
All work and no play just isn’t our style. Join us today!
Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company (http://www.orientaltrading.com) is the nation’s leading direct marketer of value-priced novelties, toys and party supplies and welcomes talented, motivated people who want to build a meaningful career and Make The World More Fun!
Oriental Trading Company is the nation's largest direct retailer of value-priced party supplies, arts and crafts, school supplies, toys and novelties. Recognized as one of the Top 20 Internet Retailers based on customer satisfaction, Oriental Trading offers over 40,000 products to consumers, educators, businesses and non-profit organizations. Oriental Trading employs approximately 1,600 employees and makes the world more fun with items ranging from pink flamingos and wedding favors to holiday decorations, educational games and crafts. In 2013, Oriental Trading acquired MindWare, an award-winning creator and manufacturer of educational toys and in 2014, acquired SmileMakers, the leader in patient giveaways and practice promotion products. Oriental Trading is a Berkshire Hathaway company.
Oriental Trading Company, Inc.