Product Sourcing Specialist
- Develops and implements category sourcing strategies that support and achieve the company’s goals including first cost, quality and supplier reliability while maintaining the lowest cost of ownership.
- Identifies and implements continuous improvements that result in improved efficiencies, quality and reduced costs. Tracks cost saving, customer satisfaction improvements and efficiencies achieved.
- Identifies and qualifies suppliers, develops vendor relationships (both current and new), communicates performance standards and manages vendor performance to achieve OTC standards.
- Utilizes vendor scorecard to evaluate vendor performance, identify areas of risk and develop strategies to reduce risk.
- Develops and utilizes sourcing and production expertise to identify cost saving opportunities, quality improvements and problem solve issues. Communicates knowledge to merchandising team to improve product.
- Suggests and shares best practices, process/procedure improvements with team.
- Maximizes sales and customer satisfaction by consistently meeting sourcing calendar deadlines.
- Abides by all policies and procedures of Oriental Trading Company
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance
- Must be able to attend face to face meetings on short or little advance notice.
- Work requires in-person collaboration among colleagues and contractors.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to travel internationally and work with foreign suppliers
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to partner effectively with merchants, quality, inventory and design management teams
- Knowledge of item relationships within their categories
- Ability to exhibit a consistent professional and positive attitude
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize based on business environment/needs
- Ability to quickly learn various processes and procedures
- Ability to work independently to meet deadlines
- Ability to manage stress and handle difficult situations in a professional manner
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong computer software knowledge including but not limited to MS Office
- Pro-active, self-motivated, results oriented individual
- Ability to perform job duties in a safe manner
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Business, related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3 – 5 years experience with foreign sourcing and or buying/merchandising in a retail or manufacturing organization is preferred
Here’s what you need to join the fun:
To apply in less than ten minutes click the “Apply” button or view a complete list of our current openings at http://www.myotccareer.com
All work and no play just isn’t our style. Join us today!
Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company (http://www.orientaltrading.com) is the nation’s leading direct marketer of value-priced novelties, toys and party supplies and welcomes talented, motivated people who want to build a meaningful career and Make The World More Fun!
Oriental Trading Company is the nation's largest direct retailer of value-priced party supplies, arts and crafts, school supplies, toys and novelties. Recognized as one of the Top 20 Internet Retailers based on customer satisfaction, Oriental Trading offers over 40,000 products to consumers, educators, businesses and non-profit organizations. Oriental Trading employs approximately 1,600 employees and makes the world more fun with items ranging from pink flamingos and wedding favors to holiday decorations, educational games and crafts.
Oriental Trading Company, Inc.