Performance Bonus- Earn up to an extra $2.00 per hour. $500 Retention Bonus after 90 days! All work and no play just isn’t our style. Join us today!
Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company (http://www.orientaltrading.com) is the nation’s leading direct marketer of value-priced novelties, toys, and party supplies and welcomes talented, motivated people who want to build a meaningful career and Make The World More Fun!
Oriental Trading Company is the nation's largest direct retailer of value-priced party supplies, arts, and crafts, school supplies, toys, and novelties. Recognized as one of the Top 20 Internet Retailers based on customer satisfaction, Oriental Trading offers over 40,000 products to consumers, educators, businesses and non-profit organizations. Oriental Trading employs approximately 1,600 employees and makes the world more fun with items ranging from pink flamingos and wedding favors to holiday decorations, educational games, and crafts.
What’s In it for You?
- Regular Positions available
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 15 days of paid vacation and 6 paid holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement up to $5,000 annually
- Employee Product Discount - 40%, up to $1,000 annually
- Holiday Product Boxes for Easter, Halloween, and Christmas
- Employee Holiday Sale
As our Warehouse Jobs - Equipment Operator, you will be responsible for operating stock picking and forklift equipment to replenish merchandise to the warehouse pick locations observing all safety guidelines. Communicate with Supervisors and Inventory Support staff regarding stock levels and expediting of priority items.
- Operates order picker, forklift, pallet jacks, turret truck, and related equipment safely and productively following established policies and procedures
- Uses RF equipment to scan locations and product
- Identifies merchandise location, quantity required, unit of measure and description of merchandise by reading case labels and RF computer screens
- Maintains cleanliness of area by keeping aisles clear of debris and notifies housekeeping as required to maintain the flow of merchandise
- Accurately counts inventory when transferring, stocking, or cycle counting product
- Loads and unloads trucks as needed
- Must be able to operate all necessary warehouse equipment
- Accurately records time and job functions using electronic timesheets
- May be necessary to work required extra hours, including weekends, based on business needs
- May be required to perform any of the above functions at any of the company locations
- Actively participate in Impact planning sessions and work to improve engagement
- Works in a performance management environment
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance
- Abides by all policies and procedures of Oriental Trading Company, Inc.
Here’s what you need to join the fun:
- High School diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous equipment operations experience preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in operating equipment, as set forth by the OTC certification standards
- Ability to communicate on radios and follow safety guidelines to include listening for warning horns and observing warning lights
- The ability to communicate and understand English in written or verbal form
- The ability to read print and handwritten numbers or labels under varying light conditions
- Ability to work independently and/or as part of a team environment
- Ability to respond with flexibility to changing work demands
- Must be at least 18 years old
- The ability to lift/push/pull 75 pounds on a regular basis
- May be required to work at heights of up to 35 feet on a regular basis
- Changes large wet cell batteries using mechanized equipment
- Constant grasping, lifting, walking, pushing, bending, and stooping to manipulate case-sized orders is required
ATTENTION: If you are creating a new profile, you must Save the profile information and then login with your new user when prompted to complete the application process.
Oriental Trading Company, Inc.