Product Sourcing Assistant
Be a part of the GROWING workforce at Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company!
Recognized as a Top 50 Internet and a Top 50 Catalog Retailer, we promote fun in how we take care of our employees, empower our employees to take care of our customers, and trust our customers to take care of spreading the word. Everything else simply takes care of itself.
As our Product Sourcing Assistant, you will be responsible for supporting the sourcing team in assigned categories with implementation of sourcing strategies, day to day vendor correspondence, samples and data integrity. Manage the sampling process to ensure on time delivery of inventory and photography samples. Working in a team environment partnering with other members of the sourcing team, merchandisers, inventory to execute merchandising needs, ensure product quality, meet on time delivery, support speed to market, and maximize profitability.
- Accountable for data integrity including but not limited to Item Master
- Maintenance system, Vendor and maker files.
- Ensures on time receipt and approval of PPS and PS.
- Ability to research and identify new vendors and make initial contact
- Communicates and follows-up with vendors with regard to samples.
- Creates product quote sheets and prepare samples for the quoting process.
- Collaborates and coordinates work with all other Merchant support areas including but not limited to, QA, Testing, Inspections, Packaging, Inventory and Imports.
- Develops and maintains superior working relationship with internal/externalcustomers.
Here’s what you need to join the fun:
- Associates degree in Business or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1 – 2 years experience with off shore sourcing, project management, buying/merchandising is preferred
- Fully understands item relationships within their categories.
- Ability to exhibit a consistent professional and positive attitude
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong organization and project/task management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge of MSOffice (i.e. Access, Excel and Word)
- Pro-active, self-motivated, results oriented individual
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize based on business environment/needs.
- Ability to quickly learn various computer applications.
- Ability to work independently to meet priority deadlines.
- Ability to manage stress and handle difficult situations in a professional manner.
Apply in less than ten minutes at http://www.myotccareer.com
So grab this opportunity and transform the “daily grind” into a thriving career, where fun is all in a day’s work!
Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company (http://www.orientaltrading.com), the nation’s leading direct marketer of value-priced novelties, toys and party supplies welcomes talented, motivated people who want to build a meaningful career and Make The World More Fun!
Oriental Trading Company, Inc.