Product Safety Compliance Specialist
Be a part of the GROWING workforce at Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company!
Recognized as a Top 50 Internet and a Top 50 Catalog Retailer, we promote fun in how we take care of our employees, empower our employees to take care of our customers, and trust our customers to take care of spreading the word. Everything else simply takes care of itself.
As our Product Safety Compliance Specialist, you be responsible for
Coordinating, inputting, updating, and monitoring safety and testing reports and information into the product safety testing system and communicates to all involved parties. You will Generate, maintain and share reports with both internal and external customers to improve testing compliance/results.
- Identifies safety testing, tracking label and general labeling requirements for new and current items through the PDQ system, SQL Testing Database, DSRS, and other reports as needed.
- Communicates safety testing and labeling requirements and changes to all involved parties through various channels of communication and reports.
- Analyzes item/pos as they are submitted to the testing lab to ensure all aspects of the OTC testing program are being met.
- Responds to internal and external inquiries promptly concerning testing information/requirements/results, labeling, MSDS reports, general conformity certificates, etc.
- Solves problems and makes decisions regarding testing and labeling issues taking into account the business environment (i.e. inventory levels, current orders, current shipments, etc.) in order to minimize cost implications to OTC. Confers regularly with supervisor, Legal and other involved parties on items or categories as issues arise. Involves appropriate parties in resolution.
- Ensures lab and vendor test report findings are correctly entered into the product safety testing system. Notifies appropriate parties on report acceptance, results and of any next steps required.
- Completes the daily Auto Upload and report generation process related to testing results and the prioritization list for the testing lab.
- Monitors and follows up with vendor and/or merchandising on all items requiring retesting due to testing failures. Files testing claims with the vendors and accurately records information into the claims system.
- Generates, distributes and resolves issues in regards to general conformance certificates.
- Contacts vendors to obtain copies of General Conformance Certificates, FDA Color Certificates, Material Safety Data Sheets, vendor test reports and other safety related documentation as needed. Reviews documentation with the OTC Legal Department to determine acceptance.
- Coordinates submission of samples to testing lab for various internal auditing purposes.
- Supports other departments in resolution of claims and shipping issues related to noncompliant testing and labeling.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Abides by all policies and procedures of Oriental Trading Company.
- Work requires in-person collaboration among colleagues and contractors
- Must be able to attend face to face meetings on short or little advance notice
Here’s what you need to join the fun:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
- Ability to efficiently operate a PC various software including but not limited to Internet, AS400, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Access, Excel, & Word.
- Ability to adjust to frequent changes in policies and processes.
- Ability to prioritize and work efficiently and independently on multiple tasks and initiatives to meet priority deadlines.
- Must possess effective problem solving and analytical skills and be highly organized.
- Ability to manage stress and handle difficult situations in a professional manner.
- Ability to understand problems and business objectives.
- Ability to work in a fast paced team environment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Associates Degree in Business or equivalent preferred
- Minimum three years administrative or testing experience in a fast paced office environment with exposure to product safety testing, and merchandise operations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Excel, Word, Access and Lotus Notes
- AS400 experience preferred
Apply in less than ten minutes at http://www.myotccareer.com
So grab this opportunity and transform the “daily grind” into a thriving career, where fun is all in a day’s work!
Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company (http://www.orientaltrading.com), the nation’s leading direct marketer of value-priced novelties, toys and party supplies welcomes talented, motivated people who want to build a meaningful career and Make The World More Fun! EOE
Oriental Trading Company, Inc.