Fulfillment Center Production Supervisor
Be a part of the GROWING workforce at Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company!
Recognized as a Top 50 Internet and a Top 50 Catalog Retailer, we promote fun in how we take care of our employees, empower our employees to take care of our customers, and trust our customers to take care of spreading the word. Everything else simply takes care of itself.
General Summary of Purpose:
As our Fulfillment Center Production Supervisor for implementing, monitoring and maintaining safety, productivity and quality standards and building a culture that promotes employee engagement.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage overall daily work processes to ensure continuous efficiency in order fulfillment operations. Maintain appropriate staffing levels and consistent work flow.
- Ensure comprehensive OSHA, safety and production training is provided and written training guides are current. Observe daily operations and ensure employees follow all safety guidelines.
- Directly supervise up to 50 employees. Interact with employees daily. Coach and recognize individual employees as appropriate based on individual strengths and needs.
- Closely monitor accuracy/error rates within assigned areas and follow up with additional training, coaching, or changes to work processes.
- Coach employees on XP standards and principles to maximize performance and meet required performance, accuracy, and on-standard percentages per XP policies and procedures. Provide daily feedback to employees on performance, complete daily XP timesheets timely, and complete weekly coaching based on XP requirements.
- Analyze production reports to identify areas of success and opportunity. Ensure staffing levels are appropriate to meet work requirements. Work with FC Production Manager to plan for future needs in equipment, processes, budget, staff, etc.
- Investigate and complete accident/incident reports. Follow up with injured employees on light duty status to ensure compliance with physician restrictions.
- Complete administrative duties timely, including attendance and performance tracking, daily XP timesheets, documentation of employee relations issues, recommendation of disciplinary action, staff scheduling and rotation of job duties.
- Counsel employees when company policy, performance or safety issues arise and ensure needed changes are made. Document employee discussions and consult with HR on appropriate process and documentation for corrective action, including terminations.
- Complete annual performance evaluations timely on all direct reports and recommend merit recognition.
- Promotes an environment that encourages employee engagement. Actively works with employees to develop and carry out impact planning based on employee engagement survey results.
- Communicate promptly and effectively with support areas, including Inventory, other FC areas, IT, HR, etc. to ensure appropriate support and coordination of work.
Here’s what you need to join the fun:
- General computer experience required (MS Office & AS400 applications preferred)
- Ability to communicate and understand English in written and verbal form
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Able to be CPR and first aid certified
- Associates degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Minimum of 6 months production experience preferred
- Minimum of two years supervisory experience in a multi-flow production environment preferred
To apply in less than ten minutes click the “Apply” button or view a complete list of our current openings at http://www.myotccareer.com
So grab this opportunity and transform the “daily grind” into a thriving career, where fun is all in a day’s work!
Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company (http://www.orientaltrading.com), the nation’s leading direct marketer of value-priced novelties, toys and party supplies welcomes talented, motivated people who want to build a meaningful career and Make The World More Fun!
Oriental Trading Company, Inc.