ATTENTION: If you are creating a new profile, you must Save the profile information and then login with your new user when prompted to complete the application process.
As our Associate Marketing Operations Specialist, you will be responsible for supporting the campaign selection and segmentation needs of the company. Primarily using IBM Campaign (also known as Unica Campaign) the Associate Marketing Ops Specialist performs tasks such as campaign requirements gathering, campaign selection design and development, customer segmentation, quality assurance, campaign scheduling, and running of the campaigns. The Associate Marketing Operations Specialist also performs ad hoc queries, campaign analysis, and customer analysis. Knowledge of IBM Campaign and SQL is a plus.
- Use campaign management applications such as IBM Campaign (also known as Unica Campaign) to select customers, create customer segments, create campaign files, QA, and deliver campaign files to vendors, across multiple marketing channels such as print, email, outbound telemarketing, surveys, and across multiple brands.
- Become an expert in Oriental Trading Company customer segmentation, marketing database structure, and data elements.
- Create both one-off and recurring campaigns; both simple and complex logic
- Perform quality assurance testing against campaigns developed by other team members.
- Develop simple to complex analysis and reports in support of strategic planning and campaign execution.
- Identify new data sources that should be considered for further customer segmentation and develop recommendations as to which sources to pursue.
- Manage extract dataset and file transfers to external vendors for campaigns, ensuring timely execution of marketing initiatives.
- Recommends, develops, and executes customer segmentation and selection procedures.
- Works proactively with marketing circulation teams (housefile, acquisition, and new initiative) to improve workflow procedures to optimize productivity and enhance marketing results.
- Incorporates code in order to execute all contact optimization initiatives.
- Extracts customer data for analysis, reporting and customer segmentations and surveys.
- Assist in the interpretation of the analysis and reporting. Develop insights into customers and campaigns based on the analysis produced .
- Identify and report production issues and follow them through to resolution.
- Maintain detailed documentation on processes and procedures.
- Abide by all policies and procedures of Oriental Trading Company.
- Maintain regular, predictable attendance.
- Must be able to attend face to face meetings on short or little advance notice.
- Work in the Marketing Department office environment requires in-person collaboration among colleagues and contractors.
Here’s what you need to join the fun:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Marketing, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum one year of database reporting and analysis, information technology, or related experience, preferably in a company with a multi-million customer database
- Three plus years of IBM Campaign (also known as Unica Campaign) experience is preferred but not necessary.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to communicate technical details in a clear manner
- Exceptional analysis and problem-solving capabilities
- Very detail-oriented
- Able to work independently and under tight deadlines
- Understanding of data measurement, database structure and spreadsheets
- Understanding of direct marketing principles a plus
- Knowledge and utilization of a database query language like SQL a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Excel®
- Knowledge of Access® a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Power Point
To apply in less than ten minutes click the “Apply” button or view a complete list of our current openings at http://www.myotccareer.com
To apply in less than ten minutes, log in to Ultipro.
- Click on the “Home” tab
- Click on “Current Job Opportunities”
All work and no play just isn’t our style. Join us today!
Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company (http://www.orientaltrading.com) is the nation’s leading direct marketer of value-priced novelties, toys and party supplies and welcomes talented, motivated people who want to build a meaningful career and Make The World More Fun!
Oriental Trading Company is the nation's largest direct retailer of value-priced party supplies, arts and crafts, school supplies, toys and novelties. Recognized as one of the Top 20 Internet Retailers based on customer satisfaction, Oriental Trading offers over 40,000 products to consumers, educators, businesses and non-profit organizations. Oriental Trading employs approximately 1,600 employees and makes the world more fun with items ranging from pink flamingos and wedding favors to holiday decorations, educational games and crafts. In 2013, Oriental Trading acquired MindWare, an award-winning creator and manufacturer of educational toys and in 2014, acquired SmileMakers, the leader in patient giveaways and practice promotion products. Oriental Trading is a Berkshire Hathaway company.