Are you ready for a career where fun means business? Join us at Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company!
As our Java Programmer Analyst, you will work closely with the business community to understand the business processes and needs / requirements of business clients. With some guidance develop, analyze, and document changes required in the IT systems to fulfill requirements submitted by the users/business partners for our eCommerce environment.
1. Interprets design documents, completes analysis and creates designs on simple to moderate projects under general supervision
2. Provides programming hours estimation
3. Oversees small projects
4. Conducts design walk throughs on own work
5. Codes, tests, and debugs moderately complex programming projects from detailed specifications independently with limited supervision across one or more platforms
6. Sets-up unit test plans and assists in system testing
7. Implements programs across one or more platforms
8. Owns projects done in conjunction with other platforms / network implementations
9. Assists in defect incident report cause determination and resolution
10. Provides status reports on assigned projects
11. Creates programmer and client documentation
12. Participates with team members in estimating resource requirements, project planning and scheduling for programming projects
13. Participates in regularly rotated on-call duties: Must be available 24 hours/day to receive calls from Operators/Users, investigate and solve issues while on call
14. Assists other team members in use of utilities
15. Abides by all policies and procedures of Oriental Trading Company, Inc.
16. Maintains regular and predictable attendance
17. Must be able to attend face to face meetings on short or little advance notice
18. Work in the Information Technology Department office environment requires in-person collaboration among colleagues and contractors
Knowledge, Skills, Responsibilities
• Ability to effectively interface with customers, clients and other departments
• Possess an understanding of business applications
• Possess good written and verbal skills
• Ability to become proficient in the daily operations at Oriental Trading Company
• knowledge of application development/maintenance for on-line and batch programming.
• Knowledge of Subversion or other source control software
• Familiarity with API calls
• Understanding of System Analysis, Design, and System Integration
• Knowledge of at least one the following: Access, Structured Query Language, DB/2
• Java EE Technologies (ranging from EJB to JSP), HTML, CSS and XML
• Spring Framework and Visual Basic experience preferred
• Relational DB design and work experience (Oracle 10g or higher)
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, electrical engineering, electronics and communication or closely related field required
• Two years related work experience using Java, FTP, SQL, Excel is preferred
• Spring framework and Hibernate experience preferred.
Here’s what you need to join the fun:
To apply in less than ten minutes click the “Apply” button or view a complete list of our current openings at http://www.myotccareer.com
To apply in less than ten minutes, log in to Ultipro.
• Click on the “Myself” tab
• Click on the “My Company” tab
• Click on “View Opportunities” from this section
ATTENTION: If you are creating a new profile, you must Save the profile information and then login with your new user when prompted to complete the application process.
All work and no play just isn’t our style. Join us today!
Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company (http://www.orientaltrading.com) is the nation’s leading direct marketer of value-priced novelties, toys and party supplies and welcomes talented, motivated people who want to build a meaningful career and Make The World More Fun!
Oriental Trading Company is the nation's largest direct retailer of value-priced party supplies, arts and crafts, school supplies, toys and novelties. Recognized as one of the Top 20 Internet Retailers based on customer satisfaction, Oriental Trading offers over 40,000 products to consumers, educators, businesses and non-profit organizations. Oriental Trading employs approximately 1,600 employees and makes the world more fun with items ranging from pink flamingos and wedding favors to holiday decorations, educational games and crafts. In 2013, Oriental Trading acquired MindWare, an award-winning creator and manufacturer of educational toys and in 2014, acquired SmileMakers, the leader in patient giveaways and practice promotion products. Oriental Trading is a Berkshire Hathaway company.
|Date Posted||November 18, 2019|
|Date Closes||December 3, 2019|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|