Are you ready for a career where fun means business? Join us at Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company!
As our Print Media Assistant Planner, you will partner with Print Media Manager/Supervisor to execute book offers within assigned solutions to achieve sales and contribution objectives. Recommend catalog pagination and content. Provide merchandise assortment input. Partner with Solution Merchandising team, Marketing, Creative, Merchandise Planning, Print Media Planners and Inventory.
• In conjunction with the Merchandising Print Media Manager/Supervisor, analyze, plan and develop catalogs within assigned solution(s).
• With direction of manager/supervisor, manage item selection and pagination by assigned offer to deliver sales and contribution margin objectives.
• Collaborate with Merchants to ensure that book content balances applied historical analysis with forward merchandising direction
• Partner with Creative to develop catalog pagination/mock-ups and content
• Approve photography, headlines, front and back covers and general page layout
• Ensure that key differentiators are appropriately called out including value, personalization, quality and product benefits.
• Collaborate with Merchandise Planning to review book content through Safety Net Reviews ensuring appropriate balance of new, TSP and Sale.
• Edit catalog within PIM, provide direction during PPT meeting, execute Approve Mock-up, Merch Level 1 Proof and develop book summary.
• Collaborate with Inventory team to ensure inventory receipts align with book timing and projected sales.
• Participate in Merchandise line reviews for understanding of trends and new item development within assigned solutions
• Participate fully in initiatives such as MAPS & PIM and provides training support to others.
• Maintain regular and predictable attendance
• Abide by all policies and procedures of Oriental Trading Company
• Order and turn in Cover Items to Photo Studio
• Organize and manage Merchandising walk the walls to gain Merchant feedback and alignment
• Assist Print Media Planner as needed on analysis and projects
• Must be able to attend face to face meetings on short or little advance notice.
• Work in the Merchandising Department office environment requires in-person collaboration among colleagues and contractors.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Acute sense of brand, customer and trend awareness
• Ability to analyze quantitative data
• Ability to communicate appropriately to all levels of the organization
• Proficiency in critical systems including PIM, Microsoft Office
• Ability to drive focus, set priorities, remain flexible in an on-going changing environment
• Possess a proven track record of business management, success and growth.
• Ability to perform the job in a safe manner
• Ability to walk, sit, stand for short and extended period of times.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Merchandising, Business or other related experience or training preferred
• 1-3 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of experience and education is preferred.
Here’s what you need to join the fun:
To apply in less than ten minutes click the “Apply” button or view a complete list of our current openings at http://www.myotccareer.com
To apply in less than ten minutes, log in to Ultipro.
• Click on the “Myself” tab
• Click on the “My Company” tab
• Click on “View Opportunities” from this section
ATTENTION: If you are creating a new profile, you must Save the profile information and then login with your new user when prompted to complete the application process.
All work and no play just isn’t our style. Join us today!
Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company (http://www.orientaltrading.com) is the nation’s leading direct marketer of value-priced novelties, toys and party supplies and welcomes talented, motivated people who want to build a meaningful career and Make The World More Fun!
Oriental Trading Company is the nation's largest direct retailer of value-priced party supplies, arts and crafts, school supplies, toys and novelties. Recognized as one of the Top 20 Internet Retailers based on customer satisfaction, Oriental Trading offers over 40,000 products to consumers, educators, businesses and non-profit organizations. Oriental Trading employs approximately 1,600 employees and makes the world more fun with items ranging from pink flamingos and wedding favors to holiday decorations, educational games and crafts. In 2013, Oriental Trading acquired MindWare, an award-winning creator and manufacturer of educational toys and in 2014, acquired SmileMakers, the leader in patient giveaways and practice promotion products. Oriental Trading is a Berkshire Hathaway company.
|Date Posted||November 10, 2019|
|Date Closes||November 25, 2019|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|