Senior Business Intelligence Developer
Are you ready for a career where fun means business? Join us at Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company!
As our Senior Business Intelligence Developer you will report to and support the Marketing division of
Oriental Trading Company by maintaining and enhancing the Marketing Data Warehouse from
an application support perspective. Providing leadership and direction for all activities related to
production support and project enhancements are the primary functions of this position.
Infrastructure administration including server administration and security setup is not included in
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Works proactively with functional areas in Business to define the requirements of any given change request or project-based enhancement.
2. Convert business requirements into actionable technical specifications for any given structural change.
3. Provides impact assessment for requested project changes.
4. Serve as an escalation point for complex issues.
5. Provide training and mentoring to other team members
6. Perform logical and physical data modeling to support business intelligence initiatives.
7. Design, code, and unit/system test UNIX scripting ELT changes in the Massively
8. Parallel Platform (MPP) to acquire and load data from internal and external sources.
9. Query and database structure optimization using SQL as it pertains to the MPP is required.
10. Perform data migration in cloud-based architecture and database development.
11. Assist in the development and interpretation of analysis and reporting. Develop business insights into all categories of data.
12. Collaborates with stakeholders and subject-matter experts to establish technical vision and analyze trade-offs between usability and performance needs.
13. Identify and report production issues and follow through to resolution.
14. Act as liaison between the business areas and IT.
15. Serve as a Subject-Matter-Expert (SME) for the organization and provide expert-level input on cross functional collaborative projects.
16. Maintain detailed documentation on processes and procedures.
17. Abide by all policies and procedures of Oriental Trading Company.
18. Maintain regular, predictable attendance.
19. Work requires collaboration in face-to-face meetings.
Here is what you need to join the FUN...
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Experience in both relational and multi-dimensional data modeling and architecture in traditional or MPP database environment – Netezza preferred but not required
• Expert level SQL required– understand execution of queries as well as Database Definition Language (DDL) for creation and manipulation of database objects - preference for PostgreSQL
• Unix/Linux Scripting
• Experience with cloud base architecture, data migration and data analytics preferred.
• Experience with waterfall and agile project management methodologies
• Ability to communicate technical details in a clear manner
• Exceptional analysis and problem-solving capabilities
• Able to work independently and under tight deadlines
• Understanding of data measurement, database structure and spreadsheets
• Understanding of direct marketing principles, a plus
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• Advanced knowledge of Excel®
• Tableau experience a plus
• SAS programming a plus
• Knowledge of Access® a plus
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Power Point
• Experience in direct marketing practices a plus
Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Marketing, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum five years database reporting and analysis, information technology, or related
experience, supporting small to mid-size databases. Three to five years in direct marketing
To apply in less than ten minutes click the “Apply” button or view a complete list of our current openings at http://www.myotccareer.com
To apply in less than ten minutes, log in to Ultipro.
• Click on the “Myself” tab
• Click on the “My Company” tab
• Click on “View Opportunities” from this section
ATTENTION: If you are creating a new profile, you must Save the profile information and then login with your new user when prompted to complete the application process.
All work and no play just isn’t our style. Join us today!
Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company (http://www.orientaltrading.com) is the nation’s leading direct marketer of value-priced novelties, toys and party supplies and welcomes talented, motivated people who want to build a meaningful career and Make The World More Fun!
Oriental Trading Company is the nation's largest direct retailer of value-priced party supplies, arts and crafts, school supplies, toys and novelties. Recognized as one of the Top 20 Internet Retailers based on customer satisfaction, Oriental Trading offers over 40,000 products to consumers, educators, businesses and non-profit organizations. Oriental Trading employs approximately 1,600 employees and makes the world more fun with items ranging from pink flamingos and wedding favors to holiday decorations, educational games and crafts. In 2013, Oriental Trading acquired MindWare, an award-winning creator and manufacturer of educational toys and in 2014, acquired SmileMakers, the leader in patient giveaways and practice promotion products. Oriental Trading is a Berkshire Hathaway company.
|Date Posted||September 16, 2019|
|Date Closes||October 1, 2019|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|