As our Customer Service Agent, you will handle customer calls and mail order entry as assigned. Complete work in a friendly and professional manner. Ensure that all information is correct and communicate to the customer regarding; product knowledge, delivery methods, out of stock items, substitutions, specials, ship dates, policies and procedures, and price information.
- Receive and process telephone calls, mail and fax orders, and catalog requests from a customer in a professional and courteous manner based on current procedures.
- Perform telephone and mail functions in all Business Units.
- Offer additional items to customers, including, but not limited to: Companion Items, Substitute Items and End of order add on items.
- Work on special projects as needed, including but not limited to completing outbound customer surveys and/or completing outbound calls to customers for various reasons.
- Refer customers to other groups as appropriate.
- Assist customers with issues including, but not limited to credits, refunds, merchandise certificates (expired or not), expired prices, promotions, invoices, new accounts, meter station comments, miscellaneous billing, and reships. Issue Good Will, Merchandise, and Gift Certificates as needed.
- Investigate customer inquiries or order issues and complete related documentation.
- Meet Department production standards.
- Respond to a fluctuating volume of mail and calls.
- Provide personalized customer service of the highest level and maintain any customer information confidential.
- Maintain regular, predictable attendance.
- Assist in the training of new Call Center employees on the computer system and procedures of Call Center operations as requested by a Supervisor.
- Other related duties and projects as assigned.
Here's what you need to join the fun:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred.
- Customer service experience desired.
- Requires the ability to accurately type 4,200 keystrokes per hour.
- Sound knowledge of telephone etiquette.
- Requires good reading, listening, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Must be able to effectively read, write legibly, and speak English.
- Must be able to read and navigate through numerous computer windows in an efficient manner while speaking with customers.
- A friendly manner and high degree of tact in dealing with customers is needed.
- Requires sitting for extended periods of time in a repetitive motion position.
- Although the position is primarily sedentary, frequent movement may be required.
- Personal computer (mouse), telephone and calculator
- Partner with other Call Center operations to assure a positive Customer experience.
- Generally, works in busy office working conditions with frequent interruptions and deadlines.
To apply in less than ten minutes click the “Apply” button or view a complete list of our current openings at http://www.myOTCcareer.com
So grab this opportunity and transform the “daily grind” into a thriving career, where fun is all in a day’s work!
Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company (http://www.orientaltrading.com)), the nation’s leading direct marketer of value-priced novelties, toys and party supplies welcomes talented, motivated people who want to build a meaningful career and Make The World More Fun!