Are you ready for a career where fun means business? Join us at Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company!
In this job you will…
1. Manages and coordinates database changes for the enterprise, including documentation
2. Installs database systems and applies patches; planning installation with stakeholders
3. Contributes to and maintains the enterprise data dictionary
4. Ensures optimal performance of the database environments
5. Provides technical system support for the enterprise databases
6. Develops and maintains database security and control procedures
7. Interfaces with users of data to resolve data conflicts and data usage
8. Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
9. Collaborates with cross functional teams to coordinate current and future plans and activities including coordination and technical assistance to facilitate specific development projects that involve the database / computing environment
10. Identifies database requirements by interviewing customers; analyzing department applications, programming, and operations; evaluating existing systems and designing proposed systems
11. Participates in software design by providing database recommendations to ensure adherence to standards and industry best practices
12. Recommends solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, data back-up, and recovery specifications
13. Maintain regular and predictable attendance
14. Abide by all policies and procedures of Oriental Trading Company
15. Must be able to attend face to face meetings on short or little advance notice
16. Work in the Information Technology Department office environment requires in-person collaboration among colleagues and contractors
1. Perform other duties and projects as assigned
Here is what you need to join the FUN...
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Thorough understanding of database technologies and constructs, including data manipulation language, data definition language
• Self-starter with proven track record of delivering results
• Demonstrate effectiveness in complex problem solving situations
• Possess excellent interpersonal communication skills and exceptional planning and organizational skills
• Ability to work independently, under pressure, meet deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to interface with customers, clients and other departments and respond to requests both in written and verbal form
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum of five years experience in database design and administration
• Experience with entity-relationship modeling using a design tool
• Demonstrated experience with at least one major database (Microsoft SQL, Oracle, DB2)
To apply in less than ten minutes click the “Apply” button or view a complete list of our current openings at http://www.myotccareer.com
To apply in less than ten minutes, log in to Ultipro.
• Click on the “Myself” tab
• Click on the “My Company” tab
• Click on “View Opportunities” from this section
ATTENTION: If you are creating a new profile, you must Save the profile information and then login with your new user when prompted to complete the application process.
All work and no play just isn’t our style. Join us today!
Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company (http://www.orientaltrading.com) is the nation’s leading direct marketer of value-priced novelties, toys and party supplies andwelcomes talented, motivated people who want to build a meaningful career and Make The World More Fun!
Oriental Trading Company is the nation's largest direct retailer of value-priced party supplies, arts and crafts, school supplies, toys and novelties. Recognized as one of the Top 20 Internet Retailers based on customer satisfaction, Oriental Trading offers over 40,000 products to consumers, educators, businesses and non-profit organizations. Oriental Trading employs approximately 1,600 employees and makes the world more fun with items ranging from pink flamingos and wedding favors to holiday decorations, educational games and crafts. In 2013, Oriental Trading acquired MindWare, an award-winning creator and manufacturer of educational toys and in 2014, acquired SmileMakers, the leader in patient giveaways and practice promotion products. Oriental Trading is a Berkshire Hathaway company.
|Date Posted||May 18, 2019|
|Date Closes||June 2, 2019|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|