1. Coordinate photography needs including providing shot go-bys, selecting models when necessary, securing props, wardrobe and location sites as needed, and overseeing in-house and offsite photo shoots with contract photographers.
2. Take simple product shots in the MindWare photo studio.
3. Complete or coordinate image optimization, such as color corrections and outlining, with internal and/or external resources.
4. Make or coordinate the creation of crafts, marble runs, building models, and other products to be photographed.
5. Style shots when a professional stylist is not used.
6. Share available assets upon completion of photo shoots and contribute to the development of a robust asset management strategy for the company.
7. Work closely with Merchandising, Marketing, E-commerce, PR and Creative teams to fully understand digital image needs in order to provide assets that meet requirements for marketing vision and space allocation.
8. Work closely with members of Product Development to gain a thorough understanding of each proprietary product to be photographed.
9. Work closely with Merchandising to gain a thorough understanding of each third-party product to be photographed.
10. Maintain image “wish lists” and schedule photoshoots accordingly.
11. Monitor inspirational, trend and competitor websites and catalogs and offer suggestions for additional shots to Merchandising, Marketing, E-commerce, PR, Creative and Product Development departments.
12. Review existing images on MindWare websites and in MindWare catalogs and offer suggestions for improved and additional images to better convey product information and drive sales.
13. Understand and work within the annual photography budget.
14. Maintain regular and predictable attendance based on the needs of the department and the needs of the season.
Here's what you need to join the fun!
• Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Advertising, related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• A minimum of two years of experience in a creative environment including experience in photography and/or photo direction/photo editing. Project management experience preferred. Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite.
Other Qualifications and Physical Requirements
• Ability to work with a high level of independence and creativity within the pressure of deadlines.
• Excellent organizational, communication and time management skills.
• Proficient in PhotoShop.
• A high level of artistic ability.
• Ability to multi task and adapt well to change and input from others.
• Ability to solve problems.
• Ability to work with a team of creative professionals.
• Flexible and willing to work additional hours to maintain schedules.
Macintosh computers and various printing devices, cameras, art materials and other tools also utilized.
Dimensions of Responsibility
Responsible for directing photography and coordinating copy needs for marketing content in a timely and efficient manner.
To apply in less than ten minutes click the “Apply” button or view a complete list of our current openings at http://www.myotccareer.com
To apply in less than ten minutes, log in to Ultipro.
ATTENTION: If you are creating a new profile, you must Save the profile information and then login with your new user when prompted to complete the application process.
All work and no play just isn’t our style. Join us today!
MindWare (http://www.mindware.orientaltrading.com), a Berkshire Hathaway Company, is the nation’s largest cataloger in its segment and welcomes talented, motivated people who want to build a meaningful career and Place High Quality Toys that Teach and Entertain into the Hands of Children and Adults!
MindWare is the award-winning creator and manufacturer of Brainy Toys for Kids of All Ages. Its diverse line of proprietary product includes educational toys, games, brainteasers, creative play activities, building sets and coloring books which have won awards from such prestigious organizations as Mensa, Good Housekeeping and Parents’ Choice. The company was founded in 1990 with a small retail store in Minneapolis, evolving into a direct-to-consumer catalog and website business, as well as a wholesale business. MindWare products can be found on the shelves of thousands of retailers worldwide. In 2013, MindWare was acquired by Oriental Trading Company and became a Berkshire Hathaway company. Consumers, educators and retailers have come to recognize MindWare as a trusted resource for their families, students and customers.
|Date Posted||December 14, 2018|
|Date Closes||December 29, 2018|
|Located In||Roseville, MN|