Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Work with visual design and creative teams to ensure user experience vision has been translated into site design and content
2. Develop high-fidelity prototypes for development
3. Work with web development team to ensure that the sites function according to the documented specifications and follows the user experience vision
4. Abide by all policies and procedures of Oriental Trading Company
5. Maintain regular and predictable attendance
6. Must be able to attend face to face meetings on short or little advance notice
7. Work in the E-Commerce Department office environment requires in-person collaboration among colleagues and contractors
1. Participates in creative planning, strategy, post planning, and weekly department workflow meetings
2. Performs other duties and projects as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Knowledge of current web and user interface standards
2. Familiarity with accessibility and Section 508 standards
3. Strong creative and graphics skills, including sense of layout, color and use of space
4. Knowledge of the opportunities and limitations of web based application development, while staying abreast of shifts in industry standards and customer expectations
6. Experience with the following: Adobe Creative Suite, Word and various HTML editors
7. Knowledge of mobile and responsive design patterns and best practices
8. Ability to communicate effectively with diverse internal and external constituents, many of which have no knowledge of web design
9. Extremely detail oriented, highly organized and focused
• Pursuing a degree in Graphic Design, Web Design, Human Computer Interaction, computer science related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 1-2 years experience as an interaction designer, or web designer (or similar role)
Other Qualifications and Physical Requirements
1. Able to perform job duties in a safe manner
Mac, PC, phone, fax, printer, copier, and other general office equipment
Dimensions of Responsibility
In this position, you will work collaboratively with Creative Services, Merchandising, Marketing, and Information Technology teams to design and create compelling, effective, usable, insight-driven web sites, applications and interactive experiences.
Description of Working Conditions
Fast-paced office environment with constantly changing deadlines
Here’s what you need to join the fun:
To apply in less than ten minutes click the “Apply” button or view a complete list of our current openings at http://www.myotccareer.com
To apply in less than ten minutes, log in to Ultipro.
• Click on the “Myself” tab
• Click on the “My Company” tab
• Click on “View Opportunities” from this section
ATTENTION: If you are creating a new profile, you must Save the profile information and then login with your new user when prompted to complete the application process.
All work and no play just isn’t our style. Join us today!
Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company (http://www.orientaltrading.com) is the nation’s leading direct marketer of value-priced novelties, toys and party supplies andwelcomes talented, motivated people who want to build a meaningful career and Make The World More Fun!
Oriental Trading Company is the nation's largest direct retailer of value-priced party supplies, arts and crafts, school supplies, toys and novelties. Recognized as one of the Top 20 Internet Retailers based on customer satisfaction, Oriental Trading offers over 40,000 products to consumers, educators, businesses and non-profit organizations. Oriental Trading employs approximately 1,600 employees and makes the world more fun with items ranging from pink flamingos and wedding favors to holiday decorations, educational games and crafts. In 2013, Oriental Trading acquired MindWare, an award-winning creator and manufacturer of educational toys and in 2014, acquired SmileMakers, the leader in patient giveaways and practice promotion products. Oriental Trading is a Berkshire Hathaway company.
|Date Posted||December 8, 2018|
|Date Closes||December 23, 2018|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|