Are you ready for a career where fun means business? Join us at Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company!
General Summary of Purpose:
Manages a team that is responsible for building the Company’s understanding of customer behavior. Responsible for leveraging a variety of first party and third party data sources to inform actionable business insights. This person will have superior communication skills, with an ability to make advanced analytics concepts accessible to non-technical business partners. They will collaborate cross-functionally and with executive leadership to define and execute strategies. Responsible for utilizing advanced analytic techniques to enhance the Company’s ability to target customers with the appropriate contacts and promotions, and drive sales and marketing contribution growth.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Manages a team that leverages data to address key growth challenges, such as predictive LTV, cross-channel spend allocation, and marketing program attribution.
2. Has deep experience and advanced capabilities with a variety of tools to access, analyze, and visualize data.
3. Leads the development and enforcement of the analytic quality control process.
4. Sets standards for and monitors the integrity, accuracy, and utility of all analysis generated by the Marketing Data Science Team.
5. Analyzes trends and patterns in customer behavior related to purchasing habits (RFM, product categories, channel usage, etc.).
6. Institutes an enterprise-wide standardized approach for data validation, statistical test design and analysis.
7. Identifies new data sources to be considered for EDW integration and articulates the resulting benefit to the business
8. Oversees and manages the responsibilities of the Data Scientists and Data Science Analysts.
9. Develops new strategies, processes and approaches to improve the performance of customer targeting models.
10. Integrates customer analysis with circulation, merchandise, and e-commerce analysis.
11. Acts as a consultant to internal clients, recommending further projects based on analytic learning.
12. Maintains project calendar to ensure timely deliverables.
13. Summarizes analysis findings in concise, well-reasoned, and actionable reports.
14. Presents results of analysis projects to key stakeholders.
15. Trains staff members in statistical and analytic techniques.
16. Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
17. Abides by all policies and procedures of Oriental Trading Company.
18. Must be able to attend face to face meetings on short or little advance notice.
19. Work in the Marketing Department office environment requires in-person collaboration among colleagues and contractors.
1. Interacts with external agencies/consultants to conduct analytic projects.
2. Participates in discussions regarding data issues with the various systems and databases of Oriental Trading.
3. Assists other departments with analytic and assessment needs.
4. Keeps abreast of analysis practices for the data science field.
5. Performs other related duties and projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field, such as Statistics, Mathematics, Finance, Economics, MIS, related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Master’s degree in a similar discipline is preferred.
• Minimum five years experience in marketing analysis related to direct marketing (strongly preferred), financial services, or other service sector.
• Experience with statistical packages (SAS, SPSS or R).
• Familiarity working with business intelligence platforms (such as Tableau, MicroStrategy, Business Objects, Alteryx, etc.)
• Familiarity with big data (Hadoop, NoSQL) a plus.
• Deep understanding of digital data sources and tags, with hands on experience in web analytics/testing tools.
• Extensive experience in statistical analysis (including segmentation techniques and lifecycle management) required. E-commerce analysis is a plus.
• Experience managing and developing a team of data science analysts.
Other Qualifications and Physical Requirements
• Knowledge of multivariate data analysis methods required. Prefer experience with a large (multi-million) customer base.
• Advanced understanding of data measurement and data structures.
• Mastery of a database query language such as SQL.
• Experience with machine learning techniques and advanced analytics.
• Creative thinker able to solve complex analytic problems with little direction.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Strong analysis and problem-solving capabilities.
• Strong technical writing capabilities.
• Detail-oriented and able to maintain outstanding quality control.
• Able to work independently on multiple/simultaneous projects under strict deadlines.
• Advanced knowledge of Excel®, Access® and/or similar software.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Power Point or similar software.
• Able to perform job duties in a safe manner.
Computer, phone, fax, printer, copier, and other general office equipment.
Dimensions of Responsibility
Provides leadership and supervision to the a marketing data science team. Is responsible for providing accurate analysis and reporting of key findings to develop opportunities that will increase revenues or reduce costs.
Description of Working Conditions
Works in a fast-paced environment that requires meeting many deadlines and adapting quickly to changing work priorities.
Here’s what you need to join the fun:
To apply in less than ten minutes click the “Apply” button or view a complete list of our current openings at http://www.myotccareer.com
To apply in less than ten minutes, log in to Ultipro.
• Click on the “Myself” tab
• Click on the “My Company” tab
• Click on “View Opportunities” from this section
ATTENTION: If you are creating a new profile, you must Save the profile information and then login with your new user when prompted to complete the application process.
All work and no play just isn’t our style. Join us today!
Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company (http://www.orientaltrading.com) is the nation’s leading direct marketer of value-priced novelties, toys and party supplies andwelcomes talented, motivated people who want to build a meaningful career and Make The World More Fun!
Oriental Trading Company is the nation's largest direct retailer of value-priced party supplies, arts and crafts, school supplies, toys and novelties. Recognized as one of the Top 20 Internet Retailers based on customer satisfaction, Oriental Trading offers over 40,000 products to consumers, educators, businesses and non-profit organizations. Oriental Trading employs approximately 1,600 employees and makes the world more fun with items ranging from pink flamingos and wedding favors to holiday decorations, educational games and crafts. In 2013, Oriental Trading acquired MindWare, an award-winning creator and manufacturer of educational toys and in 2014, acquired SmileMakers, the leader in patient giveaways and practice promotion products. Oriental Trading is a Berkshire Hathaway company.
|Date Posted||December 7, 2018|
|Date Closes||December 22, 2018|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|